DESKSIDE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
This position is located in Falls Church, VA, USA
- FPS is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Deskside Support Specialist (Tier 2) for duty. This Deskside Support Specialist will be responsible for providing Tier 2 IT, network, and desktop support to federal and contract employees. Deskside Tier 2 support shall be in person and over the phone via a ticketing system. We are seeking a candidate who can operate in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. This Deskside Support Specialist (Tier 2) position will allow the right candidate the opportunity to establish best practices for service engagement in a technical environment. We are looking for a resource who can work well both independently and in teams to solve challenging IT support issues. If you are a great troubleshooter who can see above the fray and identify improvement opportunities with a knack for impressing the client, you will find a great new home with FPS in this Deskside Support Specialist (Tier 2) position.
- Candidate must:
- Be able to establish a good rapport with their team and clients
- Have an enthusiastic attitude
- Desire to learn new skill sets and technologies
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Current CompTIA Security+ Certification (Certification must be active)
- Active Public Trust Security Clearance
- US citizenship required. (Contract Requirement)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of enterprise experience in commercial or government environment
- Familiar with all standard MS Office software systems and MS Project
- The candidate must understand the basics of IT Security (must understand basics of ports, handshakes, vulnerabilities, etc.)
- Possesses knowledge of workstation administration and management including imaging
- Possesses basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory environment
- Strong IT knowledge and great customer service skills
- Basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory (AD) environment.
- Able to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers
All candidates must be U.S. citizens and have an Active DOD Public Trust clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- OTHER DESIRED SKILL SETS
- Associate's Degree or higher, or equivalent years' relevant IT experience working in a professional environment.
- Experience with a ticketing systems (Remedy is currently in use) asset management tools such as CA/Argis, imaging tools (such as SCCM), Semantec, Office 2010, Exchange, switches, and VPN.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable with Windows 10 environment
- Ability to gain internal support and to operate independently without supervision.
- Must have the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers.
- Preference is for candidates with current Active DOD Public Trust clearance (or higher).
- POSITION ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily client interaction.
- Addressing and correcting any hardware, software or connection issues.
- Supporting Desktop/Laptop users and resolving any issues with Microsoft, Adobe, Roxio and other deployed software.
- Resolving problems through customer education, training and direct assistance.
- Ensuring backup, recovery and data restoration from workstations for customers during upgrades or when a problem with the system is diagnosed.
- Responding and correcting formatting for printing and all other peripheral issues as they arise.
- Providing phone and in-person support to users for various systems, including e-mail, LAN/WAN, user account administration, active directory, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serving as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
Federal Professional Solutions is a leading network infrastructure solution provider that designs, builds, manages, and operates IT, telecommunications, and technical security networks. We help our clients achieve their mission by enabling secure connectivity throughout their network. Federal Professional Solutions offers our employees an exciting environment to further their career. We are looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team of industry leaders and technical professionals.
Posting ID: 593837495Posted: 2021-01-18