Handyman Pro seeks experienced Handyman/ Carpenter to perform home improvement/ maintenance work such as repairs, all types of room remodeling, electrical, flooring, plumbing, drywall, and more for the Houston area. If you have prior experience working as a handyman/ carpenter in a comparable position and seek a part-time/full-time position, please apply.Responsibilities
- Perform various types of home improvement/ maintenance work; including residential and commercial work
- Products, buildings and applications differ case by case; the candidate must be able to choose best solutions for each application as it pertains to safety, functionality and performance working within the guide lines of safety and installation instructions
- The handyman/carpenter will also trouble shoot, repair and perform periodic maintenance on new and existing equipment
- Previous experience in the handyman/technician/maintenance field - knowledge of the principles, techniques, equipment and supplies used in the handyman service
- Strong Carpentry Background
- Must have own tools fit for many job types
- Knowledge of appropriate materials and parts
- Ability to operate a variety of computer programs and systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public
- Team player; strong collaboration skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to organize multiple projects, manage rapidly shifting priorities and produce tangible, measurable results
- Must have a valid drivers' license with good driving record and be insurable
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 year of experience that would provide the skills and abilities that are necessary to complete the job.
Requires frequently: Standing, lifting of 50+ lbs., Carrying 50+ lbs., walking, pushing, stooping, climbing, bending, crouching, crawling, reaching above and below shoulder level; full use of hands, good finger dexterity, lifting from floor to waist and twisting of the torso. Also includes working in cramped spaces, on ladders, and with power tools and perform manual labor in outside environment, exposed to heat, sun, high humidity, rain and other adverse weather conditions.Experience
- Building and construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Handyman/Technician/Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Based on ExperienceLicense
*All Handyman Pro locations are independently owned and operated. All positions identified here are positions offered by individual Handyman Pro franchisees who will interview, hire, pay, manage, etc. the person who is hired for that respective position at each specific location. All Handyman Pro employment opportunities potentially identified through this page are offered.
- Driver's License (Required)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The business reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises.
Posting ID: 593351804Posted: 2021-01-16