Position Title: Cloud Technical Writer and Storyteller
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Criminal Background Investigation
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
1901 Group is rapidly growing provider of cloud computing, managed services and cyber security solutions. We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
A Cloud Technical Writer and Storyteller to join our growing team in Reston VA who understands cloud technologies and can tell compelling stories for business, CTO, and IT professional audiences. In this position, you will work closely with our sales, marketing communications, engineering & technology team to translate technical features of our software as a service (SaaS) offering into inspiring product positioning, messaging, and value proposition.
What You'll Spend Most of Your Time Doing: * You will be responsible for creating market facing solution descriptions, features, and benefits * You will write customer stories, case studies, white papers, data sheets, technical blogs etc. (for business, federal CIO and Cloud audiences)
* You will develop and deliver our technical and business-level messaging.
* You will support our go-to-market strategy by crafting sales enablement plans for our product and solution offerings.As Cloud Technical Writer and Storyteller You Will: * Craft technical customer stories that explain a business problem, the solution architecture that solved it (including explanations of one or two architectural diagrams), and the benefits gained.
* Lead technical interviews with the engineering, program management, and customer teams to meet, research, and write to convey the benefits of 1901 Group services, solutions, and success stories to the market.
* Lead the development and distribution of a wide range of product/solution marketing material from writing technical blog posts, thought leadership pieces, case studies, conducting webinars to conveying our products/solutions specs to our customers and partners.
* Work closely with our marketing communications and business development team to craft and review marketing content and support the development of dedicated marketing campaigns to help increase our social, digital, partner presence and visibility
* Support our sales efforts by developing collateral for all stages of the sales cycle, i.e. PowerPoint slide decks, whitepapers, videos, demo scripts, etc.Are You: * Knowledgeable and curious about cloud technologies and the use of cloud to support digital transformation in the public sector?
* Someone with the ability to work across the company including engineering, sales, marketing communications, and service delivery to interview, gather information and provide compelling stories?
* Someone who can work independently through the entire writing process (research, interview, write, re-write and publish new content?
* Able to understand technical terms and architecture diagrams and explain them in easy to understand terms to influence decisions-makers?
* Someone with experience with public sector and federal government as it relates to FedRAMP, cloud computing and cyber security?
* Able to craft engaging content, including blog posts, white-papers, slide decks, videos, demo scripts, etc.?
* Are you able to write in explanatory styles for multiple audiences?
* A self-starter with the attitude to get things done?
* A U.S. Citizen who can obtain and maintain a public trust clearance?
* A candidate with a Bachelors of Arts or similar and 4 years or more of experience?Successful Traits in this Role include: * Self-starter
* Detailed oriented
* Team player
* Problem solver
* AnalyticalMinimum Essential Functions: * Knowledge of Cloud technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Excellent story telling abilities with published samples
* Excellent research and analysis capabilities
* Excellent writer and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to research, interview, write, re-write and publish new content
* Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That's why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love.
The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness * 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
* Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need - including most prescriptions - for a wide range of minor conditions. Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions * Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Limited Purpose Flexible Spending AccountPaid Time Off * Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.Retirement Savings * Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
* Coverage for the Unexpected or "Just in Case" Moments
* Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
* Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and ChildrenOur Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment - quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver's seat of their evaluation process - and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers. Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where "Everyone Learns". Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training - we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves - personally and professionally. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS:
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time. This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. 1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer 1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. 1901 Group "Contingent" offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established: namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance) U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. 1901 Group is a drug free workplace. #ZR