14700 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Panama City Beach, FL 32413
GENERAL MERCHANDISE ASSOCIATE
Generous Pay Plan
Walk-in Applicants are Welcome!
We are always looking for great people to come and join the Harley-Davidson of Tampa, Brandon, New Port Richey, and Panama City Beach Team. We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and the community.
Harley-Davidson of Panama City Beach, FL needs to hire a General Merchandise Associate who will be willing to work in both our Panama City Beach and Beach Shack stores, proactively engaging and selling to guests, setting up and maintaining an appealing retail environment and controlling inventory. We value our employees and invest in their success.
- Generous pay plan!
- Career advancement opportunities
Major Duties and Responsibilities – General Merchandise Associate:
- Greet guests immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Provide a premium guest service to all of the dealership’s guests.
- Maintains a personal appearance that is consistent with the dealership dress code
- Provide prompt and accurate service at cash register.
- Maintain a presence on the showroom floor at all times unless assisting a guest with a transaction at the cash-wrap, demonstrating and maintaining a high energy, enthusiastic presence
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Keep cash register accurate.
- Notify guests when special orders or back-ordered items are received.
- Handle guest complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent guest service.
- Follow up with guests’ requests and concerns within 24 hours of the initial interaction.
- Request, capture, and or verify guest data for 100% of Guests 100% of the time
Retail Sales of General Merchandise:
- Assist General Merchandise Manager with attaining retail sales plans in General Merchandise.
- Actively engages with guests, does not wait to be approached.
- Possess the ability to work with several guests at one time while maintaining individual guest satisfaction.
- Follow the CUSTOM sales process including but not limited to: greeting guests, questioning, demonstrating product, recommending add-ons, asking for a sale, overcoming objections, and guest follow up
- Actively pursues and has the ability to learn product features, advantages, and benefits and stay current on all new innovations and technologies
- Participates in training events to improve sales skills
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to guests.
- Participates in special programs, contests promotions to help sell product.
- Attend or use available training sessions to keep current with merchandising & inventory control issues
Merchandising and Department Maintenance:
- Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events
- Merchandises new product in a timely manner.
- Create well-organized presentations, which appeal to guests, and adheres to HDMC and HD of Tampa standards.
- Maintains a clean and clutter free cash wrap area.
- Leaves the department at close of business ready for guests the next day
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked, clean, dust free, and appealing throughout the day. Continuously maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
- Participates in seasonal floor moves and changes
Inventory Control/Loss Prevention:
- Assist General Merchandise Manager with attaining inventory management goals in General Merchandise.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of inventory accuracy.
- Conduct or participate in periodic perpetual/physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.)
- Uses exceptional guest service as the best deterrent to theft.
- Has attention to detail as it relates to entering correct product information, part numbers, etc. into the DMS
- Keeps the backroom/warehouse area clean neat and tidy.
Requirements – General Merchandise Associate:
- Motorcycle or power-sports experience preferred
- Previous experience in retail, inventory or merchandising is a PLUS!
- Must have a passion and interest in motorcycles
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Solid phone and computer skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident.
- Must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, color, creed, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related handicap.
Posting ID: 602151616Posted: 2021-01-27