DAWSON is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the DAWSON "Ohana", you will be provided a best-in-class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit www.dawson8a.com
The Laborer is responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding a business or building.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE
NOT LIMITED TO:
• Perform grounds-keeping and building maintenance duties.
• Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower; trim and edge around walks, flower beds and walls.
• Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs and bushes.
• Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitos, wasps, ticks and others.
• Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth.
• Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice down to prevent slipping.
• Perform routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster, fixing fountains and other duties.
• Sweep walkways of debris.
• Cut down tree limbs as needed.
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
• Rake, mulch and prune the grounds as needed.
• Install rock, cement, lighting, water and lawn furniture.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance. Must also be able to concentrate on their tasks. The ability to understand and communicate information is also essential.
High School Diploma or GED
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
The job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
The job requirements represent the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
DAWSON gives preference to Internal Candidates. If no internal candidate meets our qualifications, external candidates will be given consideration.
DAWSON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.