Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a Manager Supply Chain 3 to join our Strategic Sourcing Team. This position can be located at one of our Space Sector key sites, to include Dulles, VA, Baltimore, MD, Redondo Beach, CA, Chandler, AZ, Minnetonka, MN, Roy, UT or Magna, UT.
The Supply Chain Manager role within the Strategic Sourcing organization is a collaborative function responsible for the development and implementation of advanced supply chain strategies in support of technology maturation, category management, operational deployment and business unit performance. As a leadership position the role will focus on developing, and managing tools and systems to provide supplier and category intelligence, supply risk management, demand forecasts, capacity analysis, strategic teaming and partnership agreements and make/buy strategies. This position will interface with all NGSP organizations as well as provide engagement opportunities with enterprise sectors, corporate staff and senior level leadership.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Monitor and evaluate industry and supplier trends and provide insight/guidance to future direction
- Monitor key supplier organization, business and financial activities and provide recurring supplier intelligence guidance and reports
- In collaboration with Operations Excellence develop methods to evaluate supply base capacity including internal NGC capacities and provide insight/guidance for competitive positioning and strategy development
- In collaboration with Divisions, Strategy/BD and Engineering develop methods to determine future capability/technology demands from supply base (both internal and external) to support planned growth
- Identify opportunities for and support the contractual development and implementation of proprietary information, strategic teaming and partnership agreements
- Lead projects to frame, develop and deliver solutions to meet the sector's long term strategic goals.
- Bachelors' Degree
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain government security clearance
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated success/problem solving skills in supply chain, business management, operations, logistics, engineering or program management. *Must have 3+ years of experience as team lead and/or manager of people.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated leadership success and ability to influence and interact with peers and all levels of management in the organization
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, commitment to fostering an engaging environment for others and excellent communication skills
Previous experience in managing supply chain • Demonstrated experience with developing complex agreements such as long term agreements, teaming agreements, strategic alliances, MOA's, overriding Terms and Conditions • Demonstrated working knowledge of supplier financial reporting/forecasting, contracting/subcontracting, supplier/program/product scheduling and regulatory compliance • Demonstrated working knowledge of data analytic applications and techniques and methods for strategy development and deployment. Experience with the use of agile methods for project planning and execution. Experience with and a working knowledge of Space Systems product lines and technology building blocks.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions