Silent Aire Mission Critical Services - Field Services Team
As a privately held family enterprise, Silent-Aire has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC and CRAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in the Healthcare, Industrial and Data Center markets.:
The Journeyman Electrician will work with a team on the installation and commission of building Data Centers, HVAC, fire, lighting and energy management control systems. The journeyman Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, switchgear, sensors and various control components and devices. Other responsibilities include fabrication of control panels, electrical equipment testing, and assistance of systems start-up. Must be educated in NEC code.
· Installation of switchgear
· Rough and finish wiring and control systems
· Installs system components and wiring in compliance with the applicable standards
· Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance
· Instruct and coach apprentices
· Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
· Other assigned work as required
· Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
· Time management skills.
· Ability to read schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams.
· Critical eye for identifying defects.
· Commitment to quality and safety.
· Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
· Ability to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
· Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and occasionally perform strenuous physical labor.
· Safety policies must be adhered to at all times.
· It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
· Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. safety glasses, safety boots, ear protection, etc.).
· Regularly works near moving parts.
· Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
· Noise levels can fluctuate from quiet to loud.
· May work in tight spaces
· Hazards associated with the industry.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent
· Completion of college/vocational or technical training preferred
· Appropriate credentials and certifications
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Able to work well under pressure
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
Must be able to pass a DOD background check, requiring proof of US Citizenship.
This is a safety sensitive position.
· Must have reliable transportation