Haymarket Surgery Center is a multi-specialty outpatient surgery center committed to patient excellence.
We are seeking a Surgical Tech for our surgery center who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality patient care. We are an amazing team who works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!This vital member of the clinical team, will join our newly added retina surgery program under the direction of a Registered Nurse; the Surgical Tech contributes to USPI's mission statement and corporate vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective surgical care for EVERY patient-EVERY time! This role is being offered as a PRN opportunity; we make not commitment to shift availability or schedule.
The responsibilities of this role include the ability to:
- Demonstrate necessary practical, technical and specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with AST
- Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments as needed
- Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
- Assist in the turnover of the OR suites between cases
- Prepare procedure room prior to surgery and turnover between cases
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clinical experience in operating room environment desired.
- Certification in OR Technology preferred.
- Experience working on Ophthalmology
- Current certification in CPR is preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 571193518Posted: 2021-01-13