The Resident Manager will report to the Property Supervisor and will be responsible for managing a HUD project-based senior citizen section 8 housing location in Torrance, CA.
- Enforce rental policies, Lease Agreements, and HUD and other regulatory agency guidelines;
- Leasing -manage waitlist, screen tenant applications for eligibility, show available units, keep vacancy loss to a minimum.
- Collect rent, security deposits, and other payments;
- Follow up on all delinquent receivables;
- Enter accounts receivables and payables in property management software system;
- Maintain proper records of petty cash and other building disbursements.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and ensure preventative maintenance plan is followed;
- Manage maintenance staff, vendors (monitor all major repair works), and track maintenance work orders;
- Ensure that vacant units are "rent-ready" in an expeditious fashion
- Responsible for annual unit inspections as required by management;
- Responsible for annual recertification of tenants;
- Complete required reports and compliance records;
- Maintain accurate tenant files in compliance with established management procedures and HUD and other regulatory requirements;
- Prepare for The Real Estate Assessment Center's (REAC) Inspections
- Supervise on-site staff, providing written and verbal feedback, annual performance reviews, setting priorities and goals, oversee work;
- Develop and maintain good tenant and community relations;
- Develop and maintain excellent rapport with local governmental and other agencies (e.g. fire departments. police departments, senior centers)
- Work in close cooperation with Service Coordinator staff; social services. Tenant services.
- Attend in-house and external training as recommended.
- Project Management
- Oversee, coordinate and maintain a calendar of events and users of community rooms;
- Available for after-hours emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 593422263Posted: 2021-01-22