Health & Wellness - Fitness Center AttendantPart TimeFour Rivers Family YMCA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Health and Wellness Director/Coordinator oversee fitness center activities and/or lead health and wellness classes for members in accordance with the YMCA Health and Wellness Program Model while putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The "Y" values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
will be exemplified in all aspects. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Promote the YMCA's healthy spirit, mind and body philosophy through group fitness classes.
- Comfortable communicating with members.
- Greet each member with a smile.
- Enforce rules and policies of the fitness center.
- Enjoy exercising and have a desire to motivate others to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Attend all required meetings as directed by their supervisor.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory of exercise physiology, kinesiology and injury prevention, cardiovascular and medical considerations, nutrition and body composition, and proper class format and leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of resistance machines, proper technique and purpose of exercises and able to instruct members on safe and proper use of exercise equipment.
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercise technique. Able to modify exercises for those with low-back discomfort or musculoskeletal problems, as well as pregnant, de-conditioned or overweight individuals.
- Conscientious of how the environment is affecting the members; ensures everyone is wearing appropriate footwear and permeable clothing. Is aware of ventilation and temperature.
- Report problems, complains or concerns of participants to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Keep fitness area orderly (rack weights, pick-up used towels and litter, keep fitness desk tidy).
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize fitness equipment and completes cleaning logs daily.
- Follow branch and association dress code.
- Serve as an effective communicator to promote cooperation with fitness staff, directors, maintenance, and service center to ensure a well-run program.
- Effectively keep written records (i.e. Member workout cards, incident reports, equipment usage.)
- Complete accident reports and submit to executive director promptly.
- Complete equipment maintenance logs daily.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VEducation:
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels in a positive way.
- Present for work according to schedule.
- Demonstrate organization, accuracy, reliability and ability to meet deadlines.
- Support management and philosophies of the Association.
- Instruct in a noncompetitive, non-intimidating manner.
- Display energy, enthusiasm and motivate clients demonstrating genuine concern.
- Role model a fit and healthily lifestyle.
- Exude a professional manner and appearance.
High school education or equivalent preferred Experience:
1 or more years of experience as a class participant, leader or instructor, or equivalent Special skills, Licenses, Certifications or Equipment:
- Currently or working towards a personal training certification with a national organization that tests both theoretical knowledge and performance, such as A.F.A.A., A.C.E., A.C.S.M., N.S.C.A.
- Currently certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (C.P.R.), A.E.D. and First Aid.
Posting ID: 595019882Posted: 2020-12-24