SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Oversees the back-of-the house operations; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurants through the implementation, management and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Provide direction to back-of-house staff, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the restaurant staff to achieve plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and the development and training of all employees.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with enough well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Oversees employment activities to include staffing, scheduling, training, and conducting performance reviews with all kitchen personnel, as well as recommending salary increases.
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: restaurant supplies, inventories, food cost, payroll/productivity, and operating expenses.
- Weekly/Monthly review of sales reports to measure productivity and profit. Create an action plan to address any improvements needed to reduce food costs and increase sales.
- Attends unit management meetings, makes presentations as requested.
- Anticipates, identifies, and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communication about system breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of non-exempt personnel supervised, and the documentation thereof.
- Stay current on state and federal food regulations with ongoing training programs.
- Flexible to oversee new food programs as they become available.
- Responsible for all record keeping data required by state and federal agencies for sanitation and food prep and ect.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks.
- Willing to travel to site locations.
- Effectively conduct business with all stores and corporate office via cell phone, laptop and ect.
- Provide your own reliable transportation to our site locations.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with guests
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting to 50 pounds
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred and have their Serve Safe certificate or obtained in first 30 days.
- One to two years previous experience; preferably in food production management.
This position reports directly to the President of the company.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Posting ID: 574732288Posted: 2021-01-05