To be responsible for evaluation, treatment planning, referral, care management, individual follow-up, and group therapy based on clinical evaluations of targeted populations; and acts as a consultant and liaison to physicians and clinical staff as well as outside agencies. Essential Responsibilities:Completes mental status and psychosocial assessment of members.Provides individual and group psychotherapy and classes, in person and through telemedicine, implementing goal specific and measurable treatment plans.Evaluates, counsels and refers members to more appropriate mental health provider(s) or to community resources when indicated.Provides urgent care and crisis intervention as indicatedProvides more specialized treatment modalities when qualified by special trainingConsults regularly with psychiatrists on member careCommunicates with Behavioral Health colleagues, Primary Care providers, and other Kaiser Permanente providers and agencies as needed to facilitate integrative carePrepares and submits reports on mental health activities requestedParticipates in staff development meetings and in quality of care activities on a regular basisManages panel and practice management within departmental guidelinesPerforms other related duties as assignedMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
1/WK 11AM - 7:30PM, 2/WK 8:30AM - 7:30PM, Sat & Sun 8:30AM - 2PMBasic Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of Post Master's clinical experience in mental health required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing individual and group therapy required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing urgent care or crisis intervention required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) required.
- Master's degree in social work or counseling required
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid license in assigned jurisdiction is required upon hire date as a LCSW, LCSW-C, LICSW, LPC, or LCPC in VA, MD, or DC. New employees have one (1 )year from date of hire to obtain appropriate licensure in all three jurisdictions.
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association is required at the time of hire.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Able to rapidly adapt to change
- Treatment planning expertise.
- Strong assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Strong individual and group therapy skills.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member.
- Efficient and effective practice management in a fast-paced clinical setting.
- Must complete Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience providing DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) preferred
- Experience working with Eating Disorder, OCD, and / or Borderline Personality Disorder Populations preferred.
Virginia,Falls Church,Falls Church Medical Center Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, 1/WK 11AM - 7:30PM, 2/WK 8:30AM - 7:30PM, Sat Sun 8:30 AM- 2:00 PM Working Hours Start:
Variable Working Hours End:
Variable Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
M38 UFCW Local 400 Job Level:
Individual Contributor Job Category:
Behavioral / Mental Health Department:
Falls Church Medical Center - Mental Health/Psychiatry - 1808 Travel:
Yes, 15 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.