The Manager, Hotel Sales optimizes group rooms, banquet and catering revenues through the monitoring of group and banquet/catering pricing through utilization of HEI and brand tools and resources. Provides pricing and guidance recommendations to the Director of Sales and Marketing. Analyzes Sales System and HEI sales, catering and revenue management reports to identify trends and future demand opportunities.
- Facilitates frequent sales and revenue communication that provides recommendation and guidance to the hotels on a regular basis.
- Closely evaluates and advises Hotels to leverage corporate and brand tools order to exceed B&C budgets.
- Conducts ongoing competitor price and product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition.
- Works with the hotels sales, revenue management, and catering leaders to achieve rooms and catering revenue targets.
- Validates quarterly incentives for hotels and assists hotels with process. Provides appropriate feedback for approvals.
- Assists Hotels and Director of Sales with quarterly property goal setting.
- Continually monitors all priority report metrics to ensure hotels are properly positioned.
- Provides continual analysis of buying behavior of each volume and key group account.
- Provides continual analysis of lost business reasons and notifies property and regional team of on-going trends.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or relevant field of work preferred.
- A minimum 3 years' of experience in hotel Banquet/Catering Sales as a wedding specialist. Excellent food and beverage knowledge, including cultural diversity and experience working with outside catering.
- Strong negotiation skills with an understanding of optimizing the catering mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Skilled at understanding both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process. Understanding of both B&C pace and productivity.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify relevant data and use it to draw inferences with reference to impact on hotels revenues.
- Ability to use revenue management systems, and brand sales systems to develop pricing and sales recommendations.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Envision is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, command of the written language both written and verbal.
- Self-driven with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Posting ID: 551372056Posted: 2021-01-18