THOR INTERNATIONAL is seeking highly qualified Technical Writers for DOD and Intelligence Community proposals nationally and in the Northern Virginia area POSITION TITLE: Technical Writer (TS Required, SCI Eligibility Preferred) DUTY LOCATION: Sterling, VA; Sarasota, FL; Aurora, CO; Austin, TX POSITION SUMMARY: • THOR INTERNATIONAL is seeking experienced Technical Writers to create, compose, edit and revise proposal response content in accordance with DoD and IC published RFP and RFQ requirements. • A successful candidate will be able to research, organize, write, edit, and produce technical data in response to major proposal projects at the TS/SCI level of classification. • Successful candidate will possess significant attention-to-detail, short suspense writing discipline, and creative composition skill. Typical writing assignments will require composition of 25-50 page responses utilizing quantitative and qualitative writing style to convey solution approaches to long-term (0-5 year) complex US national security requirements.
• This is short to mid-term contract-based deliverable work. However, THOR INTL has historical data and current project pipeline to ensure continuous project employment or individualized work plans based on successful candidate desires. Once on Task Order, candidates should expect assignments to last from 30 days to 6 months and be flexible in both start and end-dates of performance. Projects conclude based on RFP/RFQ submission, not necessarily based on hard calendar dates
• Work Location and Travel: Nationwide-with a primary concentration in the 25-mile vicinity of Dulles International Airport. This position will require on-site work at the client's location. Travel and daily life support requirements will be met with a full per diem package that is in compliance with the Joint Federal Travel Regulation. There are no provisions for full-time relocation or telecommuting options due to the nature of the proposals and the classification of the government requirement. REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
• CURRENT TS REQUIRED, SCI eligibility HIGHLY preferred.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: o Minimum of 8 years of proposal preparation and coordination experience for a government contractor or 15+ years of active duty military joint planning and staffing experience with an understanding of budgetary pricing, resource management assignment, and JOPES.
o RFP, RFQ, Gov't Proposal response preparation and analysis
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a professional demeanor, able to work with a wide range of technical professionals and clients. o Must be highly organized and able to multitask while working under strict deadlines. o Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) in addition to Adobe professional software, Microsoft SharePoint. o Proposal Writing / Preparation certification or specialized training highly desired.
o Prior experience responding to DoD and IC customer RFP's is strongly preferred. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • Achieve expert familiarity with RFP and Shipley process/procedures, understanding all requirements to ensure response is compliant and consistent with proposal strategy and win themes.
• Design and craft Annotated Mock-Up approach frameworks or illustrative story boards during initial solution exercise sessions.
• Compose narrative responses to Government RFPs, Task Order proposal requests, ensuring descriptive copy meets standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
• Responsible for coordination of assigned proposal activities with respect to Technical Volume sections and Figures
• Coordinate Production Staff to ensure deadlines are met and the final output is compliant with the RFP and proposal plan.
• Track status and ensure that deadlines are met pertaining to Technical Volume sections narrative, figures, and call-outs.
• Recover narrative, edits and composition recommendations after each color review in order to refine and improve the overall Technical Volume Product. • May participate in the establishment of style guidelines and standards for text and illustrations. • May provide work leadership, small group collaborative approach participation and Subject Matter Expert notes capture, consolidation, editing and re-purposed content use. Compensation Package: The salary for this highly skilled position is commensurate with industry norms and THOR offers both 1099 and W2 options, the latter including a generous benefits package with paid time off, medical and retirement options. PLEASE SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO: THOR INTERNATIONAL is a 100% Special Forces, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing expert technical and operational consultants to DOD, IC and related federal agencies since 2012. We are based in the Tampa area and support federal contracts and initiatives globally. Join a winning team, join THOR INTERNATIONAL.