Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking experienced Technical Architects in support of the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program
Leidos is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD's leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.5 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The DHMSM Senior Technical Architect - will lead technical efforts surrounding the optimization of existing EHR capabilities and creation of new capabilities, all from a DHMSM system perspective. The Senior Technical Architect will work closely with the Chief Engineer and Chief Systems Engineer to create strategies and plans for the rollout and sustainment of DHMSM services. The Senior Technical Architect will be a key liaison to the DHMSM Technical Director, Systems Engineering Assistant PM, and supporting technical teams.
- Provide architecture and analysis of a highly complex system of systems through functional systems analysis, design, and integration.
- Advise on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Provide leadership to design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) for system components and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Provide leadership of technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance.
- Manage system integration through lifecycle leadership support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Estimate system capability improvement or enhancement costs and schedule.
- Review existing system components and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements.
- Develop plans and requirements for complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking, telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each task.
- Regular briefings to and communication with GS-14 and GS-15 level government customers.
- Mentor and coach technical staff.
- Provide recommendations to the Chief Engineer about additional junior or mid-level staffing needs of the program.
- Master's Degree and 15-20 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizenship required - must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of lifecycle engineering for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices
- Project management experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), IMS, and work authorizations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Experience with resource/staffing needs assessment, hiring, and team management
- Experience setting leadership team expectations and delegating duties appropriately
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including databases
- Experience interpreting and decomposing requirements
- Experience with technical road mapping, to include deployment planning
- Experience with software development methodologies, including testing
- Experience with DoD Cybersecurity implementations
- Experience managing technical teams (integrated product teams)
- Experience in large-scale COTS integration
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
- Experience with Cerner solutions, Dentrix Enterprise, and Rhapsody
- Experience with medical and/or dental record integration or transition
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.