Facilitates sets up, builds, calibrates tests, process test and breakdown of plasma processing equipment and records results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NOTE: The Manufacturing Technician III performs all duties of Manufacturing Technician II, and performs the following duties on All ranges of products and equipment including prototype systems. Work is performed with limited or no direct supervision.
- Facilitates equipment applying water, electrical power and leveling machinery in temporary installation
- Positions and assembles complex Electro/mechanical parts and assemblies part according to blueprints, schematics and/or standard procedures using hand tools
- Performs complex mechanical alignments and calibration of equipment to the quality standards of ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure) and other procedures that are used during the test cycle of the products
- Performs and verifies others leak checks on vacuum and mechanical assemblies using leak detection systems
- The ability to operate and demonstrates the proper usage of impedance meters and other specialized electronic test equipment
- Debugs equipment, including electrical, RF, mechanical, and vacuum systems, to facilitate power-up and gathering of test data. Records and reports test data
- Maintains Class 10,000 through 100 clean room requirements
- Provides guidance and training for other technicians to the quality standards specified on procedures and the ATP
- Corresponds and works with Engineering, Planning and other departments on prototype systems.
- Writes and develops procedures for others technicians to follow
- Prepares systems for shipment, including cleaning, break down, preparation of miscellaneous list, and interface with Shipping
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of Plasma-Therm LLC.
- Associate’s Degree from two-year college or technical school or military training
- Minimum three (3) years of directly related experience as a test technician
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interpret blueprints drawings, schematics, technical procedures, and other related material
- Troubleshoot using DMM, O-scope, Ohm Megger and other measuring equipment
- Ability to read, interprets, and follows safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills to solve technical problems
- Proficient in use of crimpers, torque wrenches, vacuum leak detectors, soldering iron, and other assembly/test hand tools
- Working knowledge of Windows Office
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Ability to adapt to a changing schedule
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The normal work environment is typical of manufacturing clean room facility and support areas such as stockroom, machine shop, and laboratory.
- The incumbent is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, touch, see, and hear, and may be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds, over 50 pounds with assistance
- While performing the regular duties of the position, the incumbent is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and possible exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. The incumbent must be able to wear safety equipment and follow safety instructions.
Plasma-Therm is an equal employment opportunity employer, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws for qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran or disability status. When requested and necessary, we provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Posting ID: 601199673Posted: 2021-01-27