REQ#: RQ76273 Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular In support of a DoD customer, the Network Engineer will perform network design and engineering support services for the SAP Program IT architecture. Solve complex Network issues. Engineer, design, implement LANs/WANs/Site-to-site VPNs/Point-to-point/point to multipoint. Serve as network systems engineer overseeing servers, storage and backup systems. Troubleshoot port security issues, VLAN issues and network outages. Control network management activities, data flows and firewall rules. • Build network topologies to deliver content from specific providers to users
• Answer technical questions; recommend and implement approved course of action.
• Design, implement or maintain networks for LAN and WAN systems
• Provide engineering designs, and plans for installation, integration, testing, upgrade, analysis, and maintenance/expansion of the network environment.
• Prepare network engineering documentation ranging from requirements, conceptual planning, research and development efforts, complete system construction, to customization of existing network configurations and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
• Assist in investigating, evaluating, and proposing new network systems and upgrades/modifications to existing resources that would increase capabilities, efficiency, reliability, and cost savings. Assist in developing plans for integrating network systems to include implementation schedule, costing, and resource requirements.
• Perform network engineering studies on communication paths for deployed systems. Perform studies to determine requirements for bandwidth, data throughput, security, and reliability.
• Maintain technical manuals and standard operating procedures.
• Develop/implement network communications paths for remote data sources. Qualifications:
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph - 4-6 Years Experience - BA/BA
- Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of Firewalls.
- Experience keying and upgrading software on TACLANE Crypto devices
- Understand the operation of network protocols and Firewall packet and proxy filters
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification #GDITPriority We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.