INDUSTRIAL is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager and, put plainly, we’re looking for an all-star. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity with an agency that combines the energy of a start-up with the stability of an established firm. This role will be responsible for advancing the position and perception of the agency brand by implementing strategic marketing plans for the agency, and supporting our goal of being the best agency in our space - as recognized by our team, peers and partners. And you’ll have the chance to put your stamp on this agency along the way. Sound exciting? Up for the challenge? Read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ownership of development of annual agency marketing plan, in cooperation with CMO
- Guide the implementation of all marketing activities to promote agency
- Develop materials to foster agency growth (case studies, one-sheeter, infographics, videos)
- Develop and implement client-facing marketing campaigns
- Democratize new product offerings to prospects and agency team
- Facilitate engagement and communication between business development / marketing team and accounts / production team to unearth success stories and news to be shared; develop needed content with team
- Support facilitation of organic growth and business development opportunities for the agency including, but not limited to, proposal development, estimate development, pitch presentation development, meeting orchestration, writing project briefs, updating HubSpot pipelines, updating financial projections, working with account teams to provide information to support growth opportunities
- Ownership of implementation with a team of day-to-day marketing activities of agency, including but not limited to - social media, newsletters, podcasts, YouTube content, projects in PM system, proofing, etc.
- Act as a key point of contact internally for new business pitches - orchestrating support from agency team, facilitating kickoffs, writing briefs, narrative and deck development with creative, etc.
- Production lead on key outward facing content properties (podcast, video series, newsletter, etc.)
- Ensure all agency marketing activities are on-track, on-time, on-strategy and on-budget
- Ownership of consistent, relevant performance scorecard metrics, working with Analytics & Insights team to develop. Show full funnel performance from marketing activities to sales performance
- Ownership for performance optimization of efforts with implementation team
- Ownership of company website - engaging team on updates
- Support process and facilitation of inbound leads as necessary
- Bonus for solid outward-facing copywriting skills
- Reports to CMO
But if you’re the right person for the job, then you already know what a Marketing Manager does, so we’d rather focus on who you are at the core.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a hero. You’re the top-of-the-class performer who gets things done… on time, every time.
- You know (and love) agencies inside out and have at least 5-8 years agency experience in internal marketing (or equivalent account management or client-side brand marketing roles).
- You have diverse expertise in marketing – heavy digital and some trade – and the creative process.
- You know the digital world is diverse and vast, why its place in a marketing plan is important, and the dots it will connect for a brand’s story – because you have been connecting those dots for years.
- You consistently operate at the highest level but aren’t afraid to flex seamlessly between leading and strategic work to doing and tactical execution. And the idea of personally managing our own agency brand while we grow doesn’t scare you.
- You’re at home navigating the agency world’s internal development process.
- You speak B2B and get your kicks from sophisticated marketing more than superficial advertising campaigns.
- You geek out on marketing analytics (data) and command the ability to interpret, educate, and motivate teams to act on actionable intelligence.
- You’re not afraid of the sales process - you believe in what we do and can help convince prospects to join us on this journey.
- You’re tough as nails in presentations and have excellent writing skills.
- You have a knack for anticipating and solving problems.
- You have a bachelor’s degree and have successfully managed a team of at least two direct reports (or equivalent freelancers).
- You don’t get bogged down by formal reporting structures. You are adept at putting together highly successful cross-functional teams to get the work done on a project-by-project basis.
- You are never afraid to ask questions and learn - if you don’t know how to do something, you won’t stop until you’ve figured it out.
- And finally, you’re a positive person who has fun and wants to join a great team and special culture.
- Fluent in inbound
- Manage teams / outside resources handling outbound
- Flawless execution / implementation in cross-functional teams
- Fluent in digital marketing tactics and strategy
In both 2009 and 2013, Industrial was named one of Nashville's “Best Places to Work” by the Nashville Business Journal. We’re the perfect mix of small agency sensibilities with large agency resources. We promote a positive, family-friendly atmosphere with ample opportunity for growth and development.
Founded in 2003, Industrial is a leading digital brand, marketing, infrastructure, and growth practice that is squarely focused on the industrial sector. We exist to help industrials manufacture the business of the future.
Our industrial focus, command of data, technology, and insistence to field the very best and brightest people, enables us to plan, design, execute and measure brand, business, integrated marketing and analytics strategies that our clients count on to reach their target audiences wherever/whenever/however they live online and off.
Born industrial and raised digital, we excel at helping class-leading industrial brands like Motion Industries, Coats, ExxonMobil, The National Association of Manufacturers, SKF, Baldor, Davron Technologies, IronCAD, PAM Transport, and many others reach their growth and profitability objectives.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer attractive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching. Industrial team members also enjoy the countless benefits, perks, professional development opportunities, and fun associated with Industrial’s “Operation Awesome” which includes:
- Life/work balance: work-at-home-days, happy birthdays off (paid), time off for life’s special moments, maternity/paternity perks, 10 paid holidays, and up to four (4) weeks of PTO depending on tenure.
- Wellness program: exercise or healthy living monthly reimbursement.
- Professional development: conference and certification fund.
- AGI Bonus: company-wide profit share.
- Seven Sabbatical: seven-week paid “career break” after seven consecutive years of full-time employment.
- Charity: monthly contributions to causes and one paid volunteer service day annually.
- President’s Club: weekend flyaway trip and travel cash for annual team MVP (plus one!).
- Focus Fridays: lunch plus afternoon out of the office to focus on making Industrial the best place to work.
- Tools of the trade: MacBook, Apple display, Bose noise-canceling headphones, and swag.
Plus a whole lot of fun such as Industrial’s own Culture Club, the occasional Moment of Delight, and more...
Ready to join our all-star cast? Visit weareindustrial.com/careers. Selected applicants will be asked to complete a DISC personality profile. This role is based in Nashville, TN but we will relocate the right candidate.
Powered by JazzHR