Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
-Must be proficient at Beacon Pro Plus, promoting JobNimbus, Service Finance, and Beacon 3D Plus.
-Must be proficient at quotes and templates and the value sell of these tools.
-Debrief with your Sales Director bi-weekly. Be prepared to Present the tools and discuss obstacles that may be put in front of you.
-Train with OSR’s and assist in the sale, service, and relationship.
-Bi-weekly debrief with Sales Director.
-Understand the unique features and benefits of our product line.
-Understand the scope of our services and the uniqueness of the methods and systems we employ.
-Understand the practical and financial aspects of how our operations function.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each competitor in the market.
-Utilize the skills necessary to manage time and a territory effectively.
-Use the Prospect Data File System, Cognos, and Mincron reports available to help manage a sales territory.
- Use the necessary phone and field selling skills to sell our products and services to our customers.
-Maintain strong customer relationships by maintaining sales contacts as required by the position.
- Is ultimately responsible for the overall performance and development of assigned and newly developed accounts.
-Develop new business opportunities through cold calls and lead generation.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive monthly sales plan for their territory to service and expand our business with our existing as well as our new customers.
- The sales associate will coordinate closely with our inside sales support team and our vendors to plan and execute the promotion of products and services to our customers.
- The development and execution of a detailed annual sales plan will be a critical requirement for this position.
-Organize sales activities so that face to face selling time to the customer is maximized.
-Utilize selling and professional traits needed to make a positive impact on all prospects and customers.
- Display enthusiasm and treat all prospects and customers with respect.
- Display professionalism in appearance and mannerisms at all times.
-Samples, sales aids and personal grooming are neat, clean and fresh looking.
-Automobile is kept neat, clean and in good repair.
-Constantly work on self-improvement and learning.
-Analyze personal performance and learn from mistakes.
- React positively to evaluations, appraisals, and feedback and work to improve development objectives. Do everything possible to prepare for other Beacon Roofing Supply opportunities that may arise.
-Observe and benchmark off of other outstanding Sales Representatives in all aspects of the sales process to utilize skills necessary in your sales territory.
-Compatible with Beacon Culture
-Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms of Beacon. Conduct business activity, at all times, in a manner consistent with the company's corporate culture.
-Consistently make the kind of effort necessary to accomplish sales goals. Be prompt and display competitive
urgency at all times.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Listening - Extract information from conversations through proper listening.
Oral Communication - Effective expression in individual or group situations (includes gestures and non-verbal communication).
Sensitivity - Act with consideration of the feelings and needs of others.
Tenacity - Stay with a sales plan until the objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably obtainable.
Persuasiveness - Gain agreement and acceptance of ideas, plans activities and recommendations.
Impact - Create a good first impression, command attention and respect, and show an air of confidence.
Enthusiasm - Display genuine interest, excitement and eagerness toward job, company and prospects.
Behavioral Flexibility - Modify behavior to reach a goal. Demonstrates versatility.
Adaptability - Effective in various environments and situations and with various personality styles.
Resilience - Handle disappointment and rejection while staying effective.
Initiative - Is a self-starter. Take action to achieve goals beyond what is necessary called for.
Empathy - Take a sincere interest in what the customer or prospect really needs to improve his business.
Self-Reliance - Cope well in competitive sales situations with little supervision.
Character - Operate within the character of our company (philosophy, integrity, policies and procedures).
Enthusiastic - Motivated by selling (interested, enthusiastic and committed to the sales function).
Professional - Competent and consistent Sales Representative; good at the job and knows why.
Compatible with Beacon Culture
Integrity - Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms of Beacon.
Work Ethic - Consistently make the kind of effort necessary to accomplish sales goals.
Maintains a Good Driving Safety Record
Driver's License - Maintain a valid driver's license.
Training – Develop new and existing skills through educational programs with both company provided and vendor supported training.