Silent Aire - Mission Critical Services in Ashburn, VA USA
Why Work Here?
“We are looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a team that is passionate about quality and safety.”
· Will work unsupervised and capable of making informed decisions to complete the tasks as instructed.
· Will complete detailed end of day reports with complete accountability for the time spent on the task.
· Has the ability to identify and report the difference between a manufacturing and a Construction deficiency.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· Fully understands electrical, mechanical and control systems.
· Must be able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Able to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Fully understands and has mastered the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units.
· Can identify the components and understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems associated with the equipment, use meters, and other handheld tools to perform maintenance and to troubleshoot.
· Basic knowledge of Windows Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word …)
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS
· Must possess excellent written communications skills
· Has developed time management skills
· Has developed oral communications skills
· Has developed basic multitasking skills
· Has developed basic organizational skills to work efficiently
· Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
· Can give direction to clearly complete tasks to other team members based on the Leads direction and execute them.
· Runs the day to day site crews based on the direction of the lead mechanic.
· Must have a strong desire to continue to develop their knowledge base
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
· Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
· Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
· Various types of water pumps
· Intake and exhaust fans
· Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
· Electrical component troubleshooting
· Understands VFDs
· The Technician must be able to proficiently demonstrate the following tasks:
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Check in with Manager after the end of each workday while in the Field
· During and or at the end of each day/job complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
· Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
· Hand in paperwork at the end of each trip for processing in sequential order.
· Ensure all receipts or invoices for expenses have job numbers and get sent to the correct person.
· Ensure all excess materials used for each job are listed properly and documented. Assist on job sites with other Silent Aire Field Technicians as needed
· Answer all office emails/calls in a timely manner.
· Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
· Report all warranty repairs to the Manager or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to report back to the plant if it is a Silent Aire internal problem.
· Set expectations to other team members.
· Consult Manager or field supervisor in times of uncertainty.
· Constantly in contact with customer, general contractors, and other Silent-Aire employees
· Active participant in daily construction, commissioning, and team meetings
ESSENTIAL OVERALL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must be able to build client confidence in company.
· Must respect and strictly adhere to the non-disclosure policies, on the job site and away.
· Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
· Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
· Complete work in a timely and workmanlike manner.
· Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
· Must maintain all safety equipment at all times
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
· Must have at least an Apprentice license or at least ten years of trade-related work experience, OR any similar combination of education and experience
· Must gain excellent logistical knowledge of customer’s onsite practices.
· Must be able to drive to local job sites on a request basis
· On-call and overtime hours as needed
· Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
· Follow all company policies and lead by example
Must be able to pass a DOD background check, requiring proof of US Citizenship.
This is a safety sensitive position.