$16/hr, plus $5000 new hire bonus, see details below
Work in maintaining the efficient running of the mill to ensure proper operation of the mill equipment. Requires experience in all facets of equipment repair, plumbing, electrical and machining, work from blueprints, fabrication and welding. Track and comply with all regulatory compliance entities. Plan and implement all activities, products and services in a manner designed to reduce the adverse environmental, social and economic impacts and incorporates commitments to continuous improvement, pollution prevention and efficient use of natural resources and sustainable practices. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long-term and short-term goals of the department. $5,000 retention incentive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Dismantle devices to gain access to defective parts.
· Inspect used parts to determine wear and replacement needs.
· Monitor mill equipment and their effects on feed quality
· Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
· Repair or replace defective parts, install special functional and structural parts, clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
· Fabricate parts and equipment
· Test runs devices to evaluate their performance.
· Track inventories and maintain supply of raw ingredients to meet required production levels.
· Report all activities and issues to management.
· Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
· Participate in company and department safety program.
· Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tool and controls. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 80-pound boxes and materials regularly. Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision and ability to distinguish colors.
Work environment varies depending on weather (wet, cold, or hot) conditions, but is predominantly very dusty. Moderate to extreme levels of noise, safety protection is provided.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment of variables.
Ability to analyze and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal forms, to include procedure manuals, blueprints, professional journals and technical procedures.
Spanish a plus but not required
Electrical, plumbing, equipment repair, tig-welding, metal fabrication
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.REM-04 WS-04 WS-TC
Shift start: 3:00PM or 10:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
Monday - Friday
About Perdue Farms
Perdue Farms is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone they touch through innovative food and agricultural products. Since their beginning on Arthur Perdue's farm in 1920, to their expansion into agribusiness and the introduction of the PERDUE® brand of chicken and turkey under Frank Perdue. Continuing with their third generation of leadership with Chairman Jim Perdue, they've remained family-owned and family operated. They are working to become the most-trusted name in food and agricultural products.