Jean-Georges is looking for a Sous Chef for his Westchester restaurant The Inn at Pound Ridge.
THIS PROPERTY IS NOT IN NEW YORK CITY, IT IS IN WESTCHESTER
If you are passionate about cooking and want to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth, this is your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level! We are offering extremely exciting opportunities for growth and creative freedom!
Responsibilities (these are not all inclusive):
• Responsible for method of service, production and cooking to ensure all items are prepared to meet deadlines and standards
• Properly execute plated dishes with varying components to standards set by Executive Chef
• Complete all closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef
• Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
• Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products
• Have working knowledge of inventory ordering systems
• Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
• Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Organized and detail oriented
• Able to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints.
• Able to handle last minute changes
• Minimum of 4 yrs experience in a high-volume setting
• Managerial experience a plus
• Total understanding of all stations, techniques and standards
Please send resume and tell us why you are right for the job. Only serious inquiries.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Chef Jean‑Georges introduces a casually elegant restaurant ensconced in the picturesque town of Pound Ridge, New York. Here, Jean‑Georges cultivates a truly seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine, with ingredients sourced from the Hudson Valley and New England, whenever possible. Constructed in 1833 as a residence and serving later as an inn, the building has been painstakingly renovated to preserve as many of the original materials as possible, including four working fireplaces.
"Jean-Georges' The Inn at Pound Ridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity."
Posting ID: 600031411Posted: 2021-01-24