Support Hub Tutor Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the principal or their designee, support hub tutors will perform the following tasks:
Requirements and Qualifications
- Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of assigned students.
- Serve as a role model/mentor to students by being a lifelong learner, demonstrating appropriate academic and social behaviors, and wearing appropriate attire at all times.
- Determine from students’ calendars, notes, and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or retaught.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all levels of mathematics (strong math background preferred) as well as science (Bio, Chem, Physics).
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing.
- Assist students in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparation.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the assigned supervisor regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Participate in all required training, professional development sessions, and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or evidence of earned college credit in the field of education; OR successful enrollment in a science, math, or liberal arts Bachelor’s program
- Effective communication skills with students and adults
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated responsibility and reliability
- Former experience working with a school or community-based academic support program preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Please apply here: https://www.applitrack.com/cuhsd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?Category=AVID+Tutors&AppliTrackJobId=792&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
Posting ID: 585142582Posted: 2020-11-06