Like any medical facility, veterinary clinics face daily challenges to ensure their facility is kept clean and sanitized throughout business operation. This includes general cleanliness and maintenance of areas accessed by the clients, doctors, and hospital staff, proper cleanup of body fluid spills, and the prevention of cross-contamination. Columbia Pike Animal Hospital and Emergency Center and Town and Country Animal Hospital are seeking an individual who has strong attention-to-detail, possesses general chemical and cleaning knowledge, and is familiar with proper sanitation/disinfecting practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- CLEANING! Lots of cleaning: sweeping and mopping, cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, cleaning and dusting displays and benches, washing and polishing doors and windows, cleaning and stocking bathroom.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning and task lists to maintain hospital cleanliness, the equipment, and overall appearance of the hospital.
- Areas include: Client Care Waiting Area, Hospital Entryways/Hallways, Breakroom, Hospital Kennel, Bathrooms, Exam Rooms, Stairwell, Conference Room, Management Office, Outside Entryways/Hospital Grounds, and Kennel Boarding Facility.
- Activities include: Sweeping and mopping floors, dusting and sanitizing all surfaces and doors, cleaning windows, cleaning seats/benches, power washing sidewalks/outside benches/outside windows, removing leaves/debris from entry ways, animal waste removal from hospital grounds, emptying trash inside/outside, and sanitizing restroom facilities.
- Strict adherence to Material Safety Data Sheets and chemical labeling is important. Use of chemicals may include: soaps, detergents, sanitizers, bleach, and deodorizers.
- Proper use of and maintenance of cleaning equipment and tools: mops, brooms, mop buckets and cleaning carts, chemical bottles and dispensers, and hospital equipment.
- Initial organization and storage process of cleaning supplies and cleaning stations to be created and implemented by cleaner with the oversight of management. Communicate chemical, equipment, and material needs to Hospital Administrator. Organization and cleanliness of equipment to be maintained.
- Collect and dispose of trash collected throughout the hospital, waiting areas, exam rooms, and office/meeting spaces.
- Assisting staff teams in the set up and removal of decorations and displays as needed. Including but not limited to: decorations on National holidays, pet promotional events, creating merchandising displays, and employee appreciation events.
- Assist staff teams with non-pharmacy inventory shipment; to include filling back stock in food storage area and stocking/conditioning food displays in the hospital, and delivery of food orders to boarding facility as needed.
- Assist management and staff teams with assigned maintenance projects and general labor projects as needed at hospital and boarding facility. Including but not limited to: replacing light bulbs, cleaning vents and changing air filters, replacing ceiling tiles, removing office furniture and equipment as instructed during remodels, assembling office equipment/furniture/merchandising displays, and painting or touch-up repairs to walls/base boards/doors/fixtures.
- Understand the importance of prioritizing tasks to complete checklists and respond to additional task requests made from the team.
- Town and Country Full-Time shifts: open availability 6:30am-9pm and two weekends a month
- Typical Shifts: 6:30am-2pm or 1pm-9pm. Saturday is 6:30am-5:30pm.
- Columbia Pike Emergency Center Full-Time shifts: open availability 6am-10pm and two weekends a month
- Typical shifts: 6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, 10pm-6pm, 2pm-10pm
- Both Locations: Part-time must be available to work at least three days a week, three weekends a month
- Weekend and holiday availability is required!
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs; physical demands include walking, standing, bending, reaching, stooping, and kneeling.
- Must be at least 18 years or older; high school education or equivalent (Required)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (Required)
Salary: Starting rate of pay $12.50 per hour, pay rate commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time, 401K; to be discussed during interview
Posting ID: 598164961Posted: 2021-01-16