Sr. Systems/Windows Engineer
Sandy Springs, GA
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Field Technology team is responsible for implementing and maintaining restaurant technology specific to Point of Sale, Kitchen Video Systems, Back Office Systems, Drive Thru Timers, and Order Confirmation technology. This role is critical to the success of the Team’s ability to deliver on operational expectations. In this role you will utilize your expertise to build and maintain the complex suite of systems that make up restaurant infrastructure. You will also influence and contribute to strategic planning efforts as we continuously improve the delivery of platform innovation while supporting our rapidly growing brand.
Key requirements for the role:
® A true Engineer
® There is definitely career progression
® Office 365
® Deploy and Troubleshoot images using MDT
® Must know a scripting language – need to be able to build/manage/deploy images
• Interact professionally and effectively with IT Leadership through verbal and written communication with an emphasis on company business initiatives.
• Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, design engineering and problem resolution of Windows 10 Images across multiple device designations.
• Develop/maintain Change and Release Management routines and ensure results through metric driven dashboards
• Act as point of contact for all escalations from internal and external business partners and support customers.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures - required. Root cause identification and remediation on various hardware and software platforms
• Lead strategic initiatives per projects including: research, design, analysis, testing, experimentation and certification of Windows 10 Images across multiple device designations.
• Lead efforts to collaborate with internal departments so to align our strategic direction to a common vision.
• Create and design restaurant architecture documentation and implement software changes in-line with organizational objectives
• Manage a comprehensive preventative maintenance scheme for all restaurant infrastructure equipment in stores, ensuring minimal outage for the restaurants. Manage scheduled metrics and reporting on performance and utilization.
• Manages the brand’s systems/service implementation strategies to minimize the impact on customer service and provide managed backup/recovery capability.
• Develop tools to assist in the image creation process as well as image maintenance.
• Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities in a dynamic rapidly changing and growing environment
• Improve vendor relationships and work with key hardware suppliers to develop ways to improve our services through automation and drive out inefficiencies. Perform other job-related duties as assigned or required such as managing on-call after hours work and resource allocation.
• Ability to influence and communicate well with non-technical business disciplines through the explanation and adoption of technology as applied to systems and operational strategies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITES:
• Expert troubleshooting, implementing and supporting Windows 10 Desktop Images
• Experience with various networking protocols including TCP, UDP, IP
• Working knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, VBScript, Bash, Python, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
• Experience working in a compliance network environment (PCI, HIPAA, SOX)
• Working knowledge with O365, and Active Directory
• Expert technical documentation skills
Required Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Required: 5-7 years working in a Systems/Windows Engineer role
Senior Windows technical experience or a minimum of 7+ years of Senior Windows technical experience
*** Hospitality or POS background is a HUGE plus!