Servco Boiler has an immediate opening in our Salt Lake City office for a Boiler Service Technician. This position will be part of our Service Department that services hundreds of customers in the Intermountain West. We are looking for somebody that can troubleshoot and repair industrial and commercial boilers and associated burner/control systems. This is a posting for a Journeyman Service Technician and is not an entry level position. You will repair and service customers equipment as scheduled and directed by your supervisor. You will also install new equipment and retrofit existing boiler room equipment at the job sites. We are offering a $2,500 signing bonus to be paid after 90 days of employment. We will also help with relocation expenses for the right candidate. The qualified person should understand and be able to work with Variable Speed Drives, Control Valves, Actuators, Loop Controllers, motors, and PLC's. Experience with pumps and piping systems is also beneficial.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment including boilers, burners, controls, motors, and valves.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Complete all work assigned with a high degree of proficiency
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no DWI or DUI convictions.
- Must speak English well enough to take instructions from a Supervisor and effectively communicate with customers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment
- Must have a basic understanding of math to total hours on time cards, work orders, etc.
- Must have excellent eyesight and depth perception
- Must have completed an industry recognized formal training program and a minimum 4 years’ experience in the service and repair of Industrial Boiler, Commercial Boiler, and HVAC Equipment
- Must have full use of the body and senses to be able to service, repair, install, build, and operate boilers, burners, and control systems.
- Must possess basic computer skills such as excel, internet, email, etc.
- Must possess troubleshooting and reasoning abilities to enable assigned jobs to be performed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, be able to climb, and balance himself / herself on ladders and other equipment.
Servco has been serving the Intermountain West for over 65 years. We are a family owned business and believe in taking care of our employees and customers.
We offer VERY competitive wages, iPhone, laptop computer, as well as a full benefits package (including 401k matching, 8 paid holidays, and up to 4 weeks paid time off). Company also pays a large portion of health insurance for entire family for all full-time employees. We offer IHC SelectCare, the best health insurance available. Short and Long-term disability and $100k life insurance is provided on all employees. We are a drug free workplace and pre-employment drug screening is mandatory before employment commencement.
Posting ID: 563396240Posted: 2021-01-22