Notre Dame Health Care's Hospice team seeks a Full Time candidate exhibiting exceptional customer service/care-giving skills to provide end-of-life and palliative care to patients residing at home or within nursing care facilities. Hospice Aide will collaboratively work within a multidisciplinary and holistic care team including nursing, music/massage therapy, spiritual care, and social work/counseling. Besides eligibility for medical, dental, STD/LTD and life insurance, FT benefits include tuition assistance, retirement planning (inc. company match), paid time off, and more.
Position responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
• Provide high-level end-of-life nursing care to patient while supporting family members during process
• Assist patients with personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, grooming and light housekeeping
• Helping patients care for themselves by aiding in the use of canes, walkers, special eating utensils, and special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene
• Communicate patient care needs and/or concerns within the hospice team, to patient and authorized caregivers/family members.
• MA C.N.A. certification required.
• Minimum 1-2years C.N.A. or Home Health Aide experience
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
• Commitment to providing compassionate care required.