At Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Client Service Representative (CSR) is the client’s first contact when calling or visiting the practice and as such represents the professional image of the practice to callers and visitors. The CSR answers telephones, greets clients, prepares patient files, receives and relays client correspondence, updates client financial records. The outstanding CSR has the ability to diffuse negative client situations and foster client bonding. You will rotate between the front desk and call center.
Schedule: Full-time. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Customer-centric and leadership abilities.
- Bond with clients and keep a positive demeanor in the reception area.
- Accurately maintain and prepare records, consent forms, other documents. Prepare health certificates, immunization certificates, laboratory requests, and euthanasia certificates
- Maintain an active veterinary appointment schedule, screening emergencies, and prioritizing cases that need to be seen.
- Answer telephones and handle calls quickly, efficiently, and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system.
- Handle client/patient transfer requests.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Accurately and compassionately communicate estimates and treatment plans.
- Experience with Impromed is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a veterinary hospital.
- Possess a cheerful demeanor and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms
- Perform basic digital literacy, type 30 words per minute.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal language skills in English.
- Able to work all shifts, including weekends, and holidays.
- Be at least 18 years or older.
- Excellent digital literacy, demonstrating accuracy in inputting details.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal urine and feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Schedules to Balance Work, Life, and Family
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Posting ID: 598304298Posted: 2021-01-25