Why become a NetCraftsmen?
- We are committed to continued training and certification and our outstanding culture and commitment to employee success have led us to be recognized as Cisco's Mid-Atlantic Partner of the year for 2020 and as finalists in the Baltimore Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" for the past 4 years, including a 2nd place finish in 2020 - Come see why!
- We offer competitive pay and solid benefits including self-directed PTO and a matching 401(k) with the employer component IMMEDIATELY vested
- We offer a minimum of 2 weeks and a strong corresponding budget per engineer per year (pro-rated) for professional development/certification AND the time necessary to hit your training and certification goals
- We are NOT a body shop. We hire full-time direct hire specialists with a driving thirst to learn and improve.
- See our reviews on Indeed and GlassDoor for validation.
This opening is for a Senior Network Security Engineer in the Northern Virginia area supporting a Fortune 500 client in the design and implementation of a secure network access infrastructure. Specifically, you will work in a full-time capacity assisting in the design, implementation, and deployment of a Zero Trust Architecture. You may also be assigned to work on additional projects supporting other enterprise networks, security, and/or cloud initiatives as needed. Additionally, you must be able to work both independently as well as with a team of highly skilled professionals – clients and/or other NetCraftsmen supporting the account. You will be expected to communicate clearly and often, meet deadlines, and ultimately develop a trusted advisor relationship with the client. Currently, the client is operating remotely due to COVID. As such, you must be able to self-motivate, prioritize, and work effectively from home. However, you must live in the Northern Virginia/DC metro area with the ability to commute to/from the client location in Reston, VA once typical onsite operations resume.
- Solid experience with network segmentation concepts and technologies (e.g. VRF, firewalls)
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC) solutions (e.g. 802.1X with Cisco ISE)
- Experience with Zero Trust Architecture and solutions (e.g. SD-Access, DNA Center, etc.)
- Certifications in multiple technology areas with an active CCNP in Security or R&S
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and associated certification (e.g. PCNSE) – multi-vendor firewall experience is even better (e.g. PAN + Cisco ASA/FTD)
- Experience and/or familiarity with Zscaler and/or similar cloud security solutions
- Experience and/or familiarity with cloud platforms and networking concepts (e.g. AWS, Direct Connect)
- Prior network consulting experience, preferably with another technology partner similar to NetCraftsmen
- Ability to assist in pre-sales qualification and/or scoping activities supporting new business opportunities
NetCraftsmen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting ID: 606651204Posted: 2021-03-08