Mortgage Underwriter - (DE and LAPP/SARR preferred not required)
can work 100% remote from any location within U.S.
We are actively looking for experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriters to join our team. If you are motivated, multi-tasked, organized and have a hands-on approach then our office is perfect for you. We offer a dynamic environment fostering and encouraging individual growth and rewarding performance
The MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER will be responsible for:
· Underwriting residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards. Residential loan requests will include Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and Jumbo.
· Will be responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator and processor to secure all required documents.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintain the quality of workmanship and the ability to calculate income, including tax return analysis.
· Must be able to understand creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
· May need to respond to individual and investor audits.
· Minimum of 3 years credit underwriting experience
· An approved FHA, DE and VA LAPP/SARR certified Underwriter preferred but not required
· Knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, regulatory, and Federal and State compliance policies
· Excellent customer service skills, both verbal and written
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision
· Previous experience with Encompass **preferred not required**