Systems Integration Engineer
Gromelski and Associates, Inc. (GAI) partners with prime contractors to provide professional services. Key service areas include Engineering Design and Documentation; Software Development and Testing; System Integration, Testing and Evaluation; Lab Management and Field Installation; Integrated Logistics Support, Training Development and Delivery, Multimedia Support, and Technical System Support.
The Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for addressing a variety of software, hardware, and infrastructure issues related to integrating a complex system of subsystems and functional capabilities in a simulated tactical lab environment. The selected candidate will participate in the System Engineering life cycle, including software development and early integration, hardware stand-up, string and system integration, test definition, test planning, system certification and sell-off, and system delivery and production support. Must have a DoD Secret Clearance to begin work.
Systems Integration Engineer Required Tasks:
· Integration support across lab and customer facilities requiring systems integration skills in software, hardware, and networking.
· Tasks may include weekly software builds, installs, and checkout, hardware health and grooming to include network/cross-site connectivity, servers, disk drives, displays, HMI, KVM, and BIOS, resolving build issues, developing and running test procedures, resource scheduling, asset allocation and configuration, and support to partner organizations.
· The selected candidate should be a self-starter with solid integration skills, able to work independently and handle multiple integration aspects of a program.
· Limited yearly travel to support integration and interface testing, customer installations and troubleshooting/grooming systems.
Systems Integration Engineer Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related field and two or more years of related experience. Or a combination of education/experience.
· Demonstrated experience and success collaborating in a team environment for system development and integration, with strong knowledge of system hardware and software configuration, networking, and hardware standup and troubleshooting.
· Strong Linux experience (preferably Red Hat) with the ability to create and edit scripts (i.e., bash, csh, ksh, and tcish), along with software debugging/troubleshooting experience.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work as a part of a diverse team, small to medium size groups, both in support and leadership functions.
· Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, dedicated, detail-focused, and team oriented.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and have a DoD Secret clearance to begin work.
Systems Integration Engineer Desired Skills:
· Experience with compiling, installing, running, and testing function segments (including third-party software) and making modifications to support different hardware and network configurations.
· Knowledgeable in software programming languages (i.e., C++, Java).
· Experience with software compilation utilities (i.e., GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Gradle).
· Networking skills; familiar with Cisco router and switches.
· Previous experience with Anti-Submarine Warfare.
· Demonstrated skills in coordinating with U.S. Navy customers, Program Office, and industry office.
· Experience with passive and active sonar, acoustic simulation, infrastructure, displays, etc.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Job Location: Manassas, VA
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski & Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, genetic information, age, or any other basis protected by law ordinance, or regulation.