At Day City Hospice we are proud to be one of the fastest-growing hospice care companies in the Midwest, and our team members are the reason for our growth. We are locally owned and operated, with over 500 employees providing the best hospice care in Ohio.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
2. Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
3. Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
4. Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
5. Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian, or Clinical Supervisor.
6. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
7. Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient's response to treatments/medications.
8. Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills. While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. Employees will be required to drive daily for meetings and/or visits to residential homes or residential settings. The employee will work in varied residential environments based on assigned caseload.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
2. Three years of nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
3. Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
7. Understands the philosophy of the hospice concept. It also understands the needs of the terminally ill.
Queen City Hospice, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.