In 1971, a small shop on South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas was home to a single, one-of-a-kind sandwich. The menu was succinct: one delectable sandwich composed of a unique combination of premium meats, cheeses, and marinated black olives served on hot Schlotzsky's sourdough bread. From humble origins, The Original® created a passionate customer following.
Now close to 40 years later, Schlotzsky's is an international franchise restaurant chain with locations in 35 states and four foreign countries.
Bakers are responsible for baking our Baked Fresh Daily™ breads and pizza crusts. The bread and crust quality must meet strict guidelines for appearance and texture; therefore, Bakers must follow recipe standards and consistently produce quality products.
- Bake batches according to the needs shown on daily PAR/BAKE ORDER sheets.
- Consistently produce a high quality bakery product
- Be extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items.
- Keep workstation clean at all times.
- Keep Freezer product in order and sealed after each use.
- Properly clean all dishes and pans throughout shift. (MINIMUM 30 PANS PER DAY)
- Assist managers in determining current and needed bread levels and bake sequence.
- Strictly adhere to all safety and health code requirements for the bakery including all OSHA and SERVSAFE guidelines.
- Complete all baking assignments in a timely manner.
- Must at least 18 years of age in order to operate certain bakery equipment.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently of others.
- Must have multi-tasking skills to coordinate several tasks during various stages of the baking process.
- Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited to:
- Lifting and carrying a maximum of 50 pound
- Bending and lifting heavy dough tubs to and from the proofer.
- Performing repetitive arm and hand squeezing and flexing.
- Working around extremely hot equipment and handling hot pans while wearing baking mitts.
- Repeatedly lifting and turning body while sliding bakery sheet pans in and out of the proofer and bakery oven.
- Standing throughout a scheduled shift.
- Bending, stretching and kneeling to reach certain products or clean certain areas of the restaurant.
- Adhere to strict safety and sanitation standards.
- Report to work timely for each scheduled shift.
- Arrive and depart from work meeting all uniform and grooming standards.
- Must become familiar with and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Smile at all times.
Posting ID: 594472639Posted: 2020-12-21