Part Time Front Desk Agent
The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients before arrival, upon arrival, and during their stay, from check-in to checkout. This employee will be responsible for registration, checkout, and cashiering.
What you will be doing
- Welcome and register guests expeditiously, provide information to guests as needed, obtain identification and credit/check approval as directed by hotel policy. Verify rate and departure date. Confirm and modify information required to complete the registration process as per hotel procedures.
- Answer all guest questions accurately and resolve problems in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction. Authorize revenue allowances as allowed by hotel policy.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints following the “L.E.A.D” Widewaters Hotels process.
- Upsell guest rooms, food & beverage outlets if applicable and seasonal hotel promotions.
- Make restaurant, transportation, and/or entertainment reservations for guests, plus other Concierge services as requested and have thorough knowledge of hotel amenities, company, and local area & attractions.
- Communicate with other hotel departments to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Maintain an understanding of hotel history, services, facility information, and rates and packages.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation at the end of each stay, and ask “Is there anything that we could have done better to make your stay more enjoyable?”
- Register guests in Reservations/PMS and follow proper check-in, check out procedures.
- Review Front Desk log when coming on shift and record pertinent information as needed throughout the shift.
- Post charges to individual room or master account.
- Manage cash/credit transactions and maintain a personal bank.
- Accept payment for guest accounts including third party, advance purchase reservations, and during the time of registration at check- in/check-out.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
- Associates Degree in Hospitality or Travel & Tourism preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a front office role.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Able to work on PMS software.
- Able to communicate effectively with guests, management, and co-workers.
- CPR certification is a plus.
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
Posting ID: 574495761Posted: 2020-09-27