FirstService Residential is currently seeking experienced Community Managers to support growth in our Fairfax, VA and Fredericksburg, VA TeamsPrimary Responsibilities:
Manage and administer the day to day operations of the Community Association business. Maintain communication with Board of Trustees/Directors and homeowners for the portfolio of accounts. Skill Requirements:
Duties and ResponsibilitiesGeneral:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience required, preferably in property management
- Experience working on or directly related to multiple locations or job sites
- Possess working knowledge of budgets and fiduciary responsibility
- Demonstrated decision making ability
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of legislation impacting property management, preferred
- General understanding of proposal/bid process
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel
- Possession of or willingness to obtain CMCA/AMS certification (unless required by state)
- Must have and maintain valid driver's license in working state and reliable transportation
- Assure that the policies, resolutions and goals of the Board are carried out
- Be knowledgeable of all Association Governing Documents, Rules and Regulations and general legal requirements of a community association
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain open lines of communication with fellow Associates, homeowners and Board of Trustees
- Have general knowledge and understanding of building systems and components
- Be available to be on-call to handle after-hours emergencies
- Follow all policies and procedures of the company and Association
- Assist the Board in preparing an Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Plan, if applicable
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be directed and required
- Update and maintain community information in Connect, including but not limited to the
- Full utilization of all FirstService systems such as Connect, ADP, FirstClass, Avid, Accounting systems, WelcomeLink, IT Support Helpdesk, where applicable.
- Attend regular training sessions and manager meetings.
- Provide input and assist the Board with the preparation of the Association's annual budget
- Be responsible for the daily implementation of the annual budget, perform general financial management and recordkeeping
- Attend regular meetings of the Finance Committee, if any, to review the Association's fiscal and financial status
- Coordinate receipt and review of invoices for services and ensure timely payment of bills
- Assist Association and In House counsel on collection matters and monitor maintenance fee accounts
- Monitor and report monthly financials
- Provide necessary documentation and approvals for invoice payments to Accounting
- Notify Association and FirstService of errors
Governance / Administration:
- Prepare specifications needed for all services received by the Association (e.g., landscaping, snow, trash, insurance, pool, etc.)
- Manage bid process, review bid spec proposals and comparison spreadsheets and make board recommendations as appropriate.
- Negotiate Association contracts for routine services, subject to the Board's approval, and
- Manage vendor relations
- Hire, supervise, train, schedule and evaluate company and/or association staff
- Log work requests in Connect and generate work orders for maintenance staff and/or
- Complete and submit all required paperwork for closings, credits, charges, etc.
- Conduct regular property inspections to ensure compliance with Association Rules and
- Ensure maintenance of all files, records and correspondence in accordance with company
- Attend all Board meetings
- Prepare Board meeting agenda, monthly management report and all other reports and
- Prepare and maintain log of violations in Connect.
- Update resale/governing document books, when applicable
- Coordinate activities of association professionals including attorneys, auditing firms and
- Act as liaison for designated committees
- Establish and maintain annual calendar indicating all association activity, deadlines, election,meetings, projects, etc.
- Review and be familiar with all policies of insurance to ensure adequate coverage
- Update homeowner directory and create new homeowner file.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or painting, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities, to include the exchange and receipt of information over the telephone.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day.
- Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work in small and confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
Posting ID: 610311035Posted: 2021-03-03