ABOUT HOWARD BROWN HEALTH
At Howard Brown Health, we cultivate a passionate, innovative and empowered workforce committed to furthering our mission to eliminate health disparities and improve the lives of LGBTQ people. At Howard Brown we are deeply committed to diversity, racial equity, and LGBTQ liberation, recognizing that when our workforce represents the communities we serve, we enhance our own experiences and the quality of our services.
We support this environment by:
- Hiring and mentoring a diverse workforce that reflects communities we serve
- Fostering the leadership of staff at all levels of the organization
- Creating a learning organizational culture with strong systems to support individuals’ success
- Celebrating the intersections of our diverse identities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid time off including three weeks paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive medical insurance - Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and HMO
- Vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) with employer match of up to 5%, vested after 90-days
- Flexible spending account (medical and dependent care)
- Pre-tax transit/parking benefit (no employer match)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% discount at Brown Elephant stores and numerous discounts with cellular providers and local businesses
Under direction of the Director of Patient Services, the Call Center Operator is responsible for answering incoming telephones for all of the HBHC / TRIAD offices, scheduling and confirming appointments, rescheduling appointments when needed, having an understanding of insurance plans and taking very detailed messages for staff members when required. Maintains and retains a customer service attitude at all times to ensure patient satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls from clients and provide information and assistance in order to properly navigate a client through the organization.
- Route all calls to and from the Call Center to appropriate individual or department.
- Routinely checks the queue to monitor calls holding.
- Schedules appointments for all medical and behavioral health providers, which include scheduling nurse or phlebotomy appointments as appropriate.
- Follow protocols to properly triage calls to appropriate staff.
- Documenting and making changes as appropriate to a patient’s demographic information.
- Monitoring all schedules for errors or overbooking
- Greet all clients with a pleasant and helpful manner, and collecting pertinent demographic and billing information.
- Validate and correct insurance information as required.
- Cross train to other positions as directed
- Supports the mission statement to develop, enhance, and promote quality customer service through team effort.
- Exhibits flexibility, sensitivity, and respect, maintaining a working relationship with all team members.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Primary work setting is an indoor office/healthcare environment.
- Physical ability to effectively communicate with others, verbally and written; perform basic computer operations and other office functions, whether aided or unaided.
- Full-time non-exempt position, working a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Potential irregular hours, occasional late or weekend meetings/events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literacy required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Spanish language/bi-lingual skills are required. CPT and ICD-9 coding desirable.
- Directs and supervises the work of others.
- High school diploma
- Experience in medical records and/or medical data entry required.
- Spanish speaking Bi-lingual required
Howard Brown exists to eliminate the disparities in healthcare experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people through research, education and the provision of services that promote health and wellness.
Posting ID: 576066062Posted: 2021-01-22