Mukilteo, WA General Position Summary:
Plan and supervise construction projects in energy conservation, Clean Tech, and district energy using effective communication, scope determination, estimating, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, subcontract management, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability. Manage teams of professionals from different disciplines and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Essential Job Functions:
1. Collaborate with engineers, architects, and other professionals to determine the specifications of the project.
2. Work with preconstruction and energy engineering to determine design-build conceptual scopes for maximum energy conservation and utilization.
3. Create/compile conceptual and detailed estimates for general contracting services (subcontractor scopes) using RSMeans or other relevant estimating manuals and procedures.
4. Using Quick-Pen and EstMEP, provide conceptual and detailed estimates for mechanical, piping, and plumbing estimates.
5. Prepare or support the preparation of project budgets and proposals (scope letters).
6. Estimate, evaluate, and negotiate change orders with our clients and subcontractors (GC services, mechanical, piping, and plumbing).
7. Acquire, prepare, and evaluate submittals for subcontracted scopes of work and UMC self-performed scopes.
8. Secure permits and licenses.
9. Ensure compliance with building and safety codes.
10. Track, forecast, report labor hours and all associated project costs.
11. Buyout major equipment and subcontracts.
12. Expedite and track deliveries of major equipment/materials (owner, subcontractor, and UMC).
13. Create, manage, and implement master project schedule(s).
14. Develop, maintain and implement strategies based on knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract(s)/subcontract(s).
15. Document and administer meeting minutes of Owner, Architect, and Contractor (OAC) Meetings.
16. Maintain and control documents consistent with UMC Standards and contractual compliance.
17. Supervise CM's & Project Engineers.
18. Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to all team members.
19. Collaborate with field labor supervision to plan, organize, schedule, and execute project work.
20. Review contract drawings, detail drawings, shop drawings, UMC installation models, and specifications.
21. Administer and ensure full compliance with UMC Safety Program . for employees and our subcontractors.
22. Adhere to UMC AIM processes.
23. Be professional and uphold UMC Core Values.
24. Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.Secondary Job Functions:
1. Develop and maintain client relations.
2. Develop energy models and life cycle cost analysis.
3. Support IGA data collection and analysis.
4. Identify new projects.Skills Required to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to accurately compile estimates.
2. Ability to lead and foster positive working environment.
3. Ability to understand and communicate concepts in many construction methodologies and procedures of construction.
4. Advanced organizational and time management skills.
5. Attention to detail - errors and mistakes can result in significant financial losses.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills.
7. Strong work ethic - results driven.
8. Ability to multi-task job responsibilities.
9. Advanced computer skills including MS suite of products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint), Blue Beam (Adobe), Navisworks, and competency is applications of various types (IoT).
10. Preferred working knowledge of AutoCAD, Solid Works, Smartsheet, Viewpoint, Office 365, SharePoint, Revizto, Quick-Pen, EstMEP.Supervisory Responsibility*:
Supervise Construction and Project Engineers, project administration, and others as may be appropriate.Education/ Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job*:
1. Construction Management or Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering degree.
2. A minimum of five years' experience as a general contractor. (manager/estimator/MEP) with a focus on commercial, industrial, and Federal projects.
3. Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is desirable.
4. LEED certification is desirable.
5. OSHA 30 certification is desirable.Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
Maintain a valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.Job Type:
$90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
UMC's policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy is not tolerated. UMC is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. Affirmative action plans are developed annually to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor to the United States government.