Sanford Federal, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Senior Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support for multiple programs and provides a direct interface to multiple customers. Responsible for maintaining, commissioning, and provisioning of DWDM, Sonet, TDM, and Ethernet devices. Ability to Provision, Commission, Analyze and resolve technical issues on services provided to customers and coordinate with customers and entities to achieve resolution.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Lead Engineer in delivering service and reporting service metrics
- Perform Inside Plant Installation responsibilities such as but not limited to:
- Create a deployment plan
- Identify materials and tools required to support the task.
- Inter and Intra bay fibering
- Cable labelling
- Perform Implementation activities such as but not limited to:
- Ability to learn how to Commission and Provision Ciena DWDM system. (previous DWDM provisioning of other systems acceptable)
- Able to Create, red line and Interpret complex drawing
- Evaluate network performance, and recommend network improvements and design changes
- Required to perform End to End testing from DS3 to OC768 using various test equipment.
- Able to test Dark Fiber using test sets to perform OTDR, PMD and CD
- Troubleshoot escalated complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical services
- Manage network trouble tickets, perform ticket audits, ensures technical thoroughness and efficiency
- PromotesAllCom’s Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Quality, and Performance
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Professional interaction skills with customers and management and the ability to relate technical issues to management and Government personnel
- Ability to multi-task under limited supervision
- Familiar with Operations Maintenance & Provisioning of DWDM and Ethernet systems is highly desired
- Working knowledge of workingnetwork systems and databases is highly desired
- Experience coordinating network installation activity, test and acceptance using corporate best practices
- Working knowledge of fiber transmission standards, SDH, SONET, ATM, switch, routers, GPS, power, network management, O&M procedures, configuration management, and project management processes and procedures
- Possess understanding of Layer 1 and Layer 2 network topology to include fiber, power, ISP, OSP, equipment, signal flow, etc.
- Must be able to Travel more than 50% of the year
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BS in Engineering or equivalent work experience (Five years’ experience in construction engineering, network operations or similar discipline)
- Five years applicable network operations and engineering experience
- Four years applicable engineering design experience preferred
- Three-five years professional experience working in the operations and maintenance of multi-vendor, multi-protocol networks
- US Citizenship required
- Active TS with the ability to obtain a SCI
- Must maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information (applicants selected will be subject to a government security re-investigation)
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR