Aerotek Healthcare is hiring Specimen Processors for OVER 20 openings. These positions are an IMMEDIATE NEED and can START WITHIN 1 WEEK. This candidate will be supporting a very well know lab. The shifts for this position are below, 40 hours a week, and potential for overtime.
Specimen Processors will perform an entry level role and be responsible for taking the incoming DNA samples and input the data into the computer system/create labeling for tests. They will be handling the enclosed samples with PPE but do not directly touch open swabs/perform tests on the samples.
- Friday - Tuesday 2:30 pm - 11pm 5 Shifts
- Thursday - Monday 2:30 pm - 11pm 5 Shifts
- Saturday - Wednesday 2:30 pm - 11pm 5 Shifts
- Tuesday - Saturday 2:30 pm - 11pm 4 Shifts
- Friday - Tuesday 6 am - 2:30pm 2 Shifts
- Thursday - Sunday 6 am - 2:30pm 2 Shifts
- Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required for COVID-19 processing.
- Labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
- Ability to handle all specimen types.
- Multi-task between different types of requisitions.
- Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent.
- Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
- Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
- File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
- Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help work flow and efficiency.
- Candidates will be reading and entering data information that come from labels that were previously on specimen bags. They will handle sealed COVID-19 samples and wear proper personal protective equipment and follow World Health Organization's guidelines.
Required Candidate Qualifications
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Must be comfortable working different shifts
- Must be comfortable working in a COVID-19 Environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- MUST be able to type at least 30 WPM Alpha and Numeric - we will administer this test
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posting ID: 589396077Posted: 2020-11-25