We are recruiting for an Apps Administrator to join a dynamic team in either Madison, Indianapolis, Greenfield, Chantilly or Harrogate. Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view.
- The position will function on a regional level and global level
- Act as an application SME resource for end users
- Provide technical troubleshooting support and issue resolution for assigned computer applications and associated instruments
- Lead and co-ordinate resolution to technical and business process issues as related to assigned computer applications
- Liaise with Business Technology Analysts on a regular basis to ensure smooth and appropriate transition of new computer applications.
- Coordinate business meetings where appropriate to ensure business user's needs are being met.
- Document discussions, issues, recommendations, and resolutions related to supported applications
- Communicate technical issues and resolutions with users and share information with the Business Unit
- Understand and maintain a high level of functional subject matter expertise and help to manage changing requirements
- Responsible for training or confirming training of users in assigned computer systems
- Work with users to fine tune functionality
- Optimize business processes and application functionality
- Work with users to expand deployment of applications to other departments and business units
- Assists Manager with process to ensure a coordinated and unified approach for all managed applications
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Manage user access to the application including addition, modification, review, and removal of accounts as appropriate
- Perform periodic reviews of user access
- Establish, track, and maintain errors and performance in change control forms and logs
- Provide application documentation for client and regulatory audits
- Ensure responses to audit findings are completed as assigned by IT Compliance
- Validate and perform user testing including the process design tests to challenge the software, and documenting results/installations as required by GLPs and/or SOPs
- Write, approve, and perform qualification and other testing required to ensure application functionality
- Archive validation documentation
- Create, manage, and archive application documentation and data
- Work with users to generate and review Application SOP's
- Work with users to create, review, and update application user manual(s) and System Usability Documents (SUD)
- Help develop efficient and effective processes to ensure good communication between the business units and Information Technology (IT) staff.
- Manage escalation of technical issues to IT
- Manage escalation of issues to application vendors
- Maintain application configurations which can be controlled within the application
- Assist in retirement and/or decommissioning of applications
- Ensure updates are made to the global systems inventory for applications
- Coordinate release of new versions of the application into production including completing the Release into Production Checklist
- Develop business scenarios to test the application
- Verify installation and operation of the application
- Document analysis and/or testing related to infrastructure changes. (e.g. operating system patches, significant network changes)
- Participate in validation projects for assigned applications (e.g. requirements analysis, validation and regression testing, process analysis, deployment)
- Create and maintain change control forms and logs
- Interfacing and qualification of instruments to the application and first line support for instruments/instrument controllers
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent in experience
- 2-3 years related experience
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, computerized data acquisition systems).
- Knowledge of laboratory operations, study design and equipment used in department.
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and detailed knowledge of main data collection and analysis applications (i.e. NG/Pristima and Tox Reporting).
- Knowledge of GXPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Knowledge in the management of small business projects.
Posting ID: 586438101Posted: 2020-11-12