Title: Sales Director / independent contributor
Reports to SVP
Our client is looking for someone who has experience selling data specifically location data for marketing or data for marketing in general
They need to have the right contacts, not the verticals but specific brands (big names). They're interested in candidates with connections to real estate, events, CPG, ancillary companies that support automotive, restaurants food, big retail, wholesale, brick and mortar/ storefront retailers.
Department Commercial Sales & Business Development
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Experienced
They are disrupting the world of consumer intelligence. We are the only location-based consumer intelligence platform providing real-world information about the places people visit and the events they attend. Our mission is to be the largest and most accurate source of usable and trusted location intelligence that reveals how consumers live their daily lives. Understanding where people go and how they spend their time gives marketers and analysts unprecedented insight into consumer interests, preferences, and trends.
They work with leading brands across industries – from finance to retail to professional sports - to provide market research, improve customer engagement, and generate more sales. Our location-powered solutions fuel ad targeting, customer relationship management, and competitive insights, enabling businesses to reach more prospective buyers, to better serve their customers throughout the life cycle, and to stay a step ahead of their competition. Processing billions of location signals daily, We provide the essential data that powers many of our customers' proprietary solutions, as well as our own products and services.
Its Sales Director will be responsible for building and growing relationships with marketing services companies, data brokers, brands and media agencies. We're looking for driven and experienced self-starter with a proven sales track record and established relationships with innovative marketing service companies, data brokers, brands, and key digital agencies. The successful candidate should be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and must be singularly driven by results. Prior experience selling data products into brands, the marketing services industry and the location based advertising is highly desirable. A ready rolodex of active contacts is required.
• Understand the impact of location and context, and be able to craft an opportunity specific value proposition for prospective customers on your own.
• Be well versed with marketing services in order to establish and grow relationships with brands and agencies, while building a meaningful book of business and driving revenue.
• Know and have relationships that can be activated in digital advertising to deliver against the needs of agencies and brands.
• Work with Account Management and Sales Ops teams to assess viability and fit of opportunities and have the ability to quickly qualify or disqualify opportunities.
• Create and maintain accurate and up to date account plans - keep the CRM system current.
• Deliver against revenue targets.
• Provide accurate and timely forecasts and business updates to the sales and executive team.
• This position requires a minimum of 5+ years work experience selling data products, marketing and/or advertising solutions to brands and agencies.
• The ideal candidate will be team and customer service oriented, with the ability to understand customer challenges and demonstrate how Gravy’s data products can address those challenges.
• Proven track record as a Sales executive with a focus on selling data products into the marketing services industry; experience with mobile and location advertising is highly desirable.
• Experience across platforms (e.g., mobile, desktop, TV, etc) is desirable.
• A robust network of contacts and relationships that you can call on readily to introduce us.
• Demonstrable ability to effectively present and communicate a value proposition in front of large groups of people, including senior executives, and the ability to think on your feet.
• Good organization skills and great communication & documentation skills.
• Experience working remotely (position is not based in HQ).
• Ability to multi-task is a must have.
• Willingness to travel, when necessary, for client meetings, conventions, quarterly business reviews
Personal characteristics we value include: high integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, innovative thinking, team player, passion for technology, adaptability, high energy and attention to detail.