We are seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our growing team! Goodstone LLC is a private office building developer and we self-perform interior construction for our own account. The applicant will oversee construction jobs in Montgomery County, Maryland and Fairfax County, Virginia and their primary office will be in North Bethesda, Maryland.
WHO WE ARE
Goodstone LLC is a commercial real estate investment management firm headquartered in Washington, DC with an office in North Bethesda, Maryland. We source, acquire, and manage commercial office building investments on behalf of private clients and financial institutions. We invest alongside our clients, ensuring a commonality of purpose and an alignment of financial interest.www.goodstonellc.com.
It takes a great team mentality in the construction business to make something great, AND it takes a great Project Manager to direct everyone towards a successful project. The ideal candidate will (i) be self-motivated, goal oriented, entrepreneurial, and highly organized with the ability to multitask to meet deadlines and deliver projects on time and on budget, (ii) have an in-depth understanding of the interiors construction industry, and (iii) possess the ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders. If this sounds like you, get in touch with us.
In this position you will(i) plan and manage all aspects of the building process, and work closely with consultants to develop plans, determine budgets, and establish timetables, (ii) ensure each project is completed on time and on budget, and constructed as designed to the highest standards of our industry, (iii) hire and manage contractors and suppliers, (iv) set and manage client expectations, and work closely with leasing professionals, and (v) mitigate construction risks and create benchmarks to measure performance. The successful candidate may have opportunities to participate in asset acquisition and due diligence investigations.
The Construction Project Manager will report to the Vice President of Construction. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university, and a minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience. Salary, bonus, and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Oversee multiple construction projects from inception to completion, delivering each job on time and on budget in accordance with design documents and constructed to the highest standards of our industry.
- Coordinate and manage design consultants, clients, and key members of the team, setting budget and schedule expectations and advising stakeholders through the design and construction process.
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of each project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources; prepare cost estimates and budgets, schedules, and timelines; determine and define scopes of work and deliverables; and predict resources needed to complete each project on time and on budget.
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites; select, negotiate, buy, and document agreements with contractors and suppliers; ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and timely delivered; administer the submittal review process; and oversee performance of design consultants, contractors, and suppliers to make sure that all specifications and regulations are followed.
- Conduct progress meetings; perform site inspections to monitor progress and quality standard; identify and address schedule or budget changes; anticipate and proactively resolve problems and conflicts; and timely issue progress updates.
- Identify, evaluated, manage, and minimize construction risk; and ensure company policy and procedures, legal requirements, building and fire and life safety codes, and local and state regulations are followed.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university, with a minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience.
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal, leadership, and written communication skills; competent in dispute resolution situations.
- Critical thinker with an ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve company goals.
- Highly organized, exceptional time management skills, goal-oriented, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Strong negotiating skills, ability to build solid relationships with clients, colleagues, consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry, materials, and equipment with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project. Experience with and knowledge of construction project management software and financial and job cost accounting preferred.
If you feel our company and this opportunity could be right for you, please reach out!