Role and Responsibilities
Repairs and Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment meet safety regulations and building codes by performing the following duties.
· Use safe practices and principles working around equipment and machinery
· Responds to emergency calls and makes immediate repairs to limit equipment down time
· Setting up and operating of various shop equipment e.g. drill press, grinders, band saws, hydraulic press and other common tools.
· Fully understand and support company production objectives by fabricating and welding any and all products, materials, and equipment as needed, in a timely manner.
· Safely operates machinery and tools, using required safety equipment and PPE, including various forms of respirators and eye protection.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Excellent written and verbal English/Spanish (desired) language skills
· Ability to work long hours 8-12 hours per day
· Ability to work shifts
· Must be able to handle stress and interact effectively with others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
· The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
There may be additional responsibilities that are not noted above.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.