As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. Considered the functional expert for their client's processing and operational business. This role provides tactical support to financial institutions and partners for Visa B2B Connect product. Candidate is responsible to be a subject matter expert and consultant to financial institution clients, ensuring clients’ objectives are achieved.
B2B Connect is Visa’s high-value, cross-border payments solution which is designed to give financial institutions a simple, fast and secure way to process cross-border business-to-business payments globally. This role has responsibility for end-to-end client delivery and operations. This role requires knowledge of bank international payment operations, international wire payments and interbank correspondent bank operations. The role calls collaboration and partnership with cross-functional leadership across Client Services, Sales, Product, and Technology. The candidate should understand industry best practices and have client-facing technical consulting experience, and demonstrate breadth of knowledge in transaction banking and treasury management solutions. Requires client-focused mindset.
- The Sr. Account Manager serves as primary contact and initial escalation point (available 24x7) for clients for all day-to-day support of all B2B Connect product, services, processing questions and issues and leads internal and external recovery efforts of product and/or processing service interruptions.
- Provides high value customer service support on day-to-day items to financial institutions and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages
- Considered the functional expert for their client's operational treasury business.
- Provide insight and input within cross functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact clients
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams
- Act as liaison for the clients; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system/platform performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall performance
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of the B2B Connect product and service.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support business enhancements and mandates.
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create and maintain updated support documentation – meeting required deadlines
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management
- Educate and train clients on best practices for all supported services
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews
- Role will mostly be technical in nature but will be expected to support team in finding trends and opportunities to bring the client’s operational support closer to a strategic level.
- Bridge the knowledge gap between the business personnel at the bank and their technology counterparts
- Need for SME who can develop closer relationships with Product & Sales teams.
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership and communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution
- Available to travel 10-20% of the time or as needed to support business, based on assigned clients.
Candidates MUST currently reside near our Ashburn, VA location or open to relocation without assitance to the area.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- MUST have Understanding of transaction banking, large Wire payments, International Transaction Management, SWIFT, and Cash / Treasury Management solutions and operations
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in bank international payment operations with in-depth knowledge of international wire payment operations, cash management operations and interbank correspondent bank operations
- Experience with international payment operations teams
- Functional experience in in back office operations, settlement and reconciliation processes
- Knowledge in secure communication protocol such as SFTP, FTP/S and HTTPS a plus.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Public speaking skills
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time or as needed to support business, based on assigned clients.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours and occasionally after hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.