Forklift and Pallet Jack MechanicLocation
Performance Foodservice Manassas (0553) Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
Under general supervision, the Forklift and Pallet Jack Mechanic performs troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, scrubber, dock levelers, etc.). Maintains the facilities, buildings and grounds according to a established preventative maintenance schedule and on 'as needed" basis. Observes all safety and regulatory standards. Ensures quality of work product while working in a efficient and timely manner. This position functions as a team member within the department and organization as required, and performs any duties assigned to best serve the Company.Why Performance Foodservice:
- Monday through Friday work schedule, 6 am to approximately 2:30 pm
- Great team environment
- Great benefits, compensation plans and 401k.
- Obtains daily work orders for material handling equipment maintenance and/or repair. Minimize down time for equipment.
- Orders necessary parts required to maintain equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance according to equipment standards, guidelines and timeframes.
- Ensures batteries and battery charging equipment are properly maintained and functional according to standards.
- Maintaining maintenance shop in a clean and orderly manner.
- Keeps accurate maintenance records and is financially prudent with all expenses incurred.
- Follows all safety standards and policies.
- Performs all needed general maintenance and repairs for grounds, warehouse, shop and office facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
28465BRAddress Line 1
11177 Balls Ford RoadJob Location
Manassas, Virginia (VA) Shift
1st Shift Full Time / Part Time
Full Time EEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.Required Qualifications
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
4 - 6 Years in material handling equipment maintenance and general maintenance and repairs for large warehouse, fleet shop and office facilities. Division
Performance Foodservice Job Category
Warehouse Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Education: Associates/2-year technical
Material handling equipment maintenance and general maintenance and repairs for large warehouse, fleet shop and office facilities. Foodservice distribution and warehousing industry experience.
Experience working with Crown MHE (forklifts/pallet jacks) certification preferred
Small electrical and plumbing repairs. Ability to do small repairs in a warehouse environment (speed doors, dock doors and powered dock lift ramps)State
Virginia Company Description
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Benefits
Click Here for Benefits Information