Jacobs is seeking a Refresh Technician in Chantilly, VA. Duties will include:
- Refresh technicians are responsible for performing workstation installation in the field to support a 4 year life cycle
- High pace environment installing workstations in the customer space
- Work in team environment to fulfill daily upgrade activity metrics in customer locations across many buildings
- Responsible for installation process including preparing devices and accessories for daily deployment, upgrading workstations, completing required documentation, and ensuring decommissioned devices are returned to home site
- Troubleshoot initial installation issues
- Understand and execute customer service and installation practices
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct site surveys in the WMA area
- Support tech field specialists and management with accurate refresh information
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Operate and manage company vehicle (log mileage and gas receipts) when traveling to various customers sites
- Travel to various customer sites to survey and collect information for workstations installation
- When needed, conduct site survey consisting of collecting (make, model, type, classification, and network connections)
- Conduct surveys, install other conveyances, install and configure equipment, and scan equipment
- Technicians may be required to work after hours if mission critical situations arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- High school diploma/GED required
- Requires less than three years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- Familiar with current workstations and hardware setups
- Ability to learn new workstations hardware and software configurations
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues when working in the field
- Ability to learn customer Enterprise Tools
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to operate scanners
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- ESMT, Genesis, Strong Customer Service Communication skill, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient in many facets of information technology requirements
- The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to drive 20 FT box truck
- Willing to obtain DOC Certification
Essential Job Functions
Depending on assignment, the work environment varies from an office environment to working in an environment that may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, grease, dirt, and standing water as well as temperature extremes and inclement weather.
Needs to be able to crouch under desks, tight spaces. Needs to be able lift 35-50 lbs. Must be able to bend and squat many times during the work day while installing workstations at customer's desk.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment. General Warehouse equipment ( i.e. Handheld Scanner, Forklift, Pallet Jack, etc. ).
Customer applications; Word, Excel, Handheld Scanner, Access, Internet, various internal databases to request and track data.
Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival. Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check and DOT Physical.