At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems. We turn abstract ideas into realities that transform thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing. With a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific, and project delivery for the government and private sector
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative Digital Marketplace Solutions Architect who will focus on Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) Defense clients to understand client needs and lead the development of compelling solutions. We are looking for someone who will thrive in an environment with responsibilities for the integrating business, information, application, and technology architectures. The ideal candidate has the ability to lead and drive teams of diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions. Based in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area and reporting directly to the Technical Director, Jacobs Digital Marketplace works closely with the CMS team to match solutions to customer requirements.
This role keeps Jacobs connected and we will support the Digital Marketplace Solutions Architect with the tools to be successful. With curiosity, talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, and extreme organizational skills, we provide the tools to support the growth, practice and fulfillment for career success - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Lead comprehensive solution design and the development of key artifacts for proposals
- Perform technical solutions analysis by considering the technology environment, enterprise specifics, requirement to determine potential solutions.
- Participate in technology selection and solution development control.
- Lead Technical Volumes associated with proposal response, and author technical sections.
- Coordinate with technical SMEs to translate solutions to proposal products.
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for progress and growth.Qualifications :Here is what you'll need:
Ideal candidate will also possess:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or closely related degree; an additional four (4) years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience with technical sales, software engineering, software product development, systems integration, custom solutions or similar experience with complex productions.
- Ability to demonstrate capability in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by leader roles on business captures and proposals.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and ability to design and architect solutions related to one or more of the following domains: Cloud computing architectures and deployment to include Amazon. Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure Cloud. Microservices architectures. Enterprise and Mission IT solutions. Data transformation, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence. DevSecOps methodology and automation. Enterprise level Digital Transformation and Modernization
- Experience developing technical solutions for Intelligence Community & DoD acquisition and/or Intelligence Community & DoD Operational customers
- Experience translating complex technical ideas into the sales process including customer briefings, white papers, and proposals.
Clearance Requirement: CLEARABLE to TOP SECRET
- Proven written and oral communication abilities; ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Demonstrable self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly-evolving environment.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Intervies
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.Work Environment:
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.