At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems. We turn abstract ideas into realities that transform thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancements, scientific discoveries, and cutting-edge manufacturing. With a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific, and project delivery for the government and private sectors.
Be an important part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. Jacobs is seeking a Pricing Specialist
with US Government cost and price proposals, reporting to Pricing Leadership with the Sales & Growth organization of Jacobs Critical Mission Solutions (CMS)
. The rapidly changing and dynamic challenges that our U.S. Government customers face every day will inspire your ingenuity and challenge you to achieve more than you thought possible. Join the Jacobs team and put your ingenuity and skills to work to make a difference helping our national security customers achieve mission success.
A unique opportunity exists for the optimal candidate to thrive in an environment of collaborative approaches to proposal development and strategic development of customer solutions. The ability to interact, work closely, and gain exposure with executive leadership will be imperative for the chosen candidate. This resource will also engage with clients in a collaborative manner to better position the company for proposal success. Here's what you'll be doing:
Qualifications :Here is what you'll need:
- Develop Best-in-Class pricing strategy and proposals, working collaboratively with Operations and Sales Leadership.
- Work on Corporate-wide strategies that set direction for Jacobs and ensures both long and short-term profitability.
- Ensure pricing practices and strategies are implemented to obtain corporate profitability metrics.
- Support the development and implementation of necessary programs and initiatives to ensure that all Jacobs Pricing and contracting policies are congruent with Corporate, Federal and State pricing policies, guidelines, regulations and mandates.
- Develop complex pricing proposals in response to customer requests, participate on cross-functional teams to collect the necessary data for pricing effectiveness, participate in proposal kick off meetings and own pricing proposal schedules as well as templates and pricing instructions for subcontractor proposals, develop complex cost proposal narratives, understand and collaboratively clarify the basis of estimates submitted by the technical estimators, perform direct labor rate analysis, develop business cases, lead pricing reviews, lead fact finding efforts and the negotiation process and support audit activities as they arise.
- May provide training to, and assist technical personnel in, the development of credible Basis of Estimates (BOE).
- Contribute to the development of winning business strategies, be a key participant in price-to-win (PTW) strategy and will coordinate closely with Human Resources, Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement and/or Proposal Management personnel to develop high quality cost volume submissions.
- Accountable for ensuring management of the cost/price volume for all Jacobs services and products which maximizes value of offerings
- Author compelling and compliant cost narratives for strategic opportunities.
- Drive pricing & modeling analysis for pre-contract analysis. Own the financial analysis process to support all proposals made to customers. Ensure all business cases that go before Executive management undergo rigorous analysis
- Manage labor category mapping to the requirements of the solicitation. Analyze adjustments for unique skill sets, specialized education and experience requirements, as well as emerging technology expertise
- Accountable for monitoring and reporting contract performance that is used to inform pricing & contracting strategy. Monitor industry standard and competitive pricing information and the impact of other environmental factors that affect pricing decisions and strategies
- Lead individual opportunity pricing function; the development of strategic pricing strategies, identifying risks, interpreting solicitation requirements, and shaping solicitations analysis and estimates for complex proposal efforts and ensures compliance with company policies, disclosure statements, FAR, CAS, and solicitation requirements
- Interface with DCAA auditors regarding cost proposals, including direct and indirect costs support
Location & Travel Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics or other closely related degree and
15 810 years of progressive experience providing strategic pricing support for federal contracts and task orders
- Specific and Recent MPO/IC Pricing Experience
- Demonstrated experience providing strategic guidance in pricing various types of contracts (CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, GWAC, GSA schedules)
- Knowledge and experience in using pricing models and pricing processes and procedures and understanding of professional and IT services pricing strategies used in all channels, commercial and government
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S Federal marketplace and regulatory and compliance impact on Pricing & Contracting
- Demonstrated experience with pricing strategies/structures, complex pricing analysis and complex financial modeling
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Secret clearance
• Position staffed in support of Herndon, VA Sales Center, however remote support is acceptable
• If remote, applicant must have safe, ergonomic accommodations in the home that are subject to inspection
• Ability to work in classified SCIF environment for short periods
• Minimal travel requirements; Alternative work sites for abbreviated periods of time possiblePhysical Requirements of Position:
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required. May require travel to other sites in the National Capital Region. No strenuous physical activity required.Work Environment:
Generally, an office environment. Position staffed in support of Hanover, MD sales center, however, remote support is acceptable.Equipment and Machines:
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required.Attendance:
Regular hours will be Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.Other Essential Functions:
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers. Must have clear, concise, and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must take and pass a drug test and background check. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be willing to travel as needed.