Parra Consulting Group, Inc. is currently seeking a Security Specialist located in Reston, Virginia. The Security Specialist shall perform a wide range of tasks in support of security requirements.
This successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review and coordinate DD254 Industrial Security requirements for CORs.
- Assist in preparation and uploading of security clearance packages in TITAN and PS3 databases.
- Assists in monitoring progress of clearances and coordinates with SEC and partner agencies to submit monthly status checks.
- Relays requests for additional required information on processing candidates to COR and contracting company's Facility Security Officer (FSO), then forward received information back to Security Staff.
- Assists in ensuring contractor personnel meet the clearance requirement for contracts or notifies COR of out-of-scope investigations.
- Informs CORs, contract Program Manager and/or Government POC when proposed contractor employee is granted a security clearance.
- Assists in badging personnel and with in- and out-processing of personnel.
- Provides administrative advice and guidance in developing, presenting and devising resolution to office policy and procedures.
- Serve as Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and provide support to Government Program Security Officer (PSO).
- Provide support for program security and execution of all security policies and requirements for specified SAP programs, compartments, sub-compartments and projects.
- Support full life cycle security for SAP at contractor facilities and government installations.
- Evaluate adherence to minimum and specific requirements for a fully accredited "open" or "closed" storage facility.
- Ensure high security locks are properly provisioned and inspect safes.
- Write observables containment plans to obscure the existence and objective of sensitive activities.
- Create templates for proactively protecting programs that are vulnerable to exposure.
- Develop, assess and draft plans to transport classified platforms.
- Review highly sensitive personnel information, develop profiles, assist in all aspects of personnel security administrative processes.
- Provide SCIF/SAPF expertise to ensure compliance with DOD and IC policy. Identify underlying issues, convey programmatic/national security implications and offer solutions.
- Perform SCIF accreditation to include evaluating physical security, acoustics controls, visual controls, access control, electronic and TEMPEST security.
- Participate in design phase to ensure construction meets security requirements.
- Review SCIF accreditation packages.
- Maintain information security accountability records for SAP including marking, storage, courier, general handling and inventory.
- Develop special topic security briefings to include SAP security INDOC, refresher, marking, special topics and program specific briefings.
- Maintain SAP establishment, program security classification guides, disestablishment and review of quarterly, annual and periodic program documentation.
- Brief individuals/groups to SAPs to establish knowledge of CPls and project status.
- Responds to inquiries regarding personnel clearances, reporting requirements, visit coordination~ SCI and SAP nomination status using existing databases.
- Work with CPSO and GSSO to establish, maintain and closeout SAP co-use or SCIF co-use/joint use agreements.
- Review, verify, edit, draft, and submit security paperwork for approval to accredit facilities and automated information systems in accordance with applicable policies.
- Conduct or support periodic security inspections of cleared facilities in the NCR.
- Draft and maintain standard operating procedures, security classification guides and other essential security documents, records and databases.
- Implement security education program for assigned personnel.
- Ensure classified information generated or received is appropriately protected according to guidelines in DIA, DOD and applicable IC security directives and manuals.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- At least five (5) years of experience with government security databases ( e.g. JADE, Scattered Castles, JPAS)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study, DoD or Military service highly desired
- Training and experience working with SAPs.
- Completion of instructor led Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) Introduction to Special Access Programs Course (SA IO 1.0 I) is highly desired. Highly qualified candidates will have completed the CDSE Orientation to SAP Security Compliance Inspections (SA210.01) course.
- Experience with SCIF accreditations and inspections.
- Experience developing and implementing security training to meet SAP requirements.
- Experience performing GSSO or CPSO functions for government and contractor customers
- Completion of prerequisites for access to JPAS (PII Course)
- Special Program Security Certification (SPSC)
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593811327Posted: 2021-01-23