Inventory, Fleet, Warehouse Manager Job Description
You’re the best and you want to join a team that appreciates you, where you can create your own opportunities.
Who We Are
We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We’ve been at this a long time here in Maryland/DC Metro Area. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How it feels to have customers rave about you and demand that you be the only technician that works in their home. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
What We Do
We are a team of home service experts who go the extra mile to ensure peak performance for residential/commercial plumbing, heating and air conditioning.
The Big Task
We’re looking for an exceptional strategic Inventory, Fleet, Warehouse Manager to help us achieve our operating plan. You will be contributing to the company’s plan by always looking for ways to improve technician efficiency by having the proper truck stock, frequent restock, and efficient delivery driver dispatching. You will ensure that we are able to accomplish our growth plans by having new vehicles on-site and ready for new staff as they come on-board. You will ensure that our vendor relationships are strong and a win for both parties. You will manage staff and drive them to maintain a safe and accountable workplace.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong understanding of use of Service Titan for inventory MGT & implementation of modules that are unused presently if they are useful/needed
• Negotiate vendor pricing
• Buyback program for excess inventory, as needed
• Manage process for accountability of techs for truck inventory
• Manage the truck stocking/bin layout mapping
• Optimize parts request process
• Asset tracking (tools and vehicles) – tying to depreciation schedule
• Maintain up to date material pricing in Service Titan and equipment listing
• Manage the vehicle procurement and disposal process
• Use knowledge of supply house product offering, best price, strengths and locations to maximize efficiency and save the company money
• Set individual goals and KPI’s for all staff positions with inventory responsibilities
• Create annual budget, control expenses and meet or exceed plan.
• Monitor staff performance to ensure that accuracy and safety goals are met.
Key Sub Tasks
• Manage credit memo return process.
• Manage warranty return process.
• Manage process to return excess materials from jobs back for credit.
• Manage PO’s received for trucks and warehouse by checking in for accuracy.
• Assist in product and material research for technicians.
• Manage next day installs and installs in general, with regards to material and equipment staging and materials fulfillment.
• Manage truck inventory cycle counting process.
• Manage new truck inventory set up process.
• Vehicle maintenance – tracking, scheduling, & managing internal mechanic & vendors.
• Manage staff fielding calls from tech/install crews on materials needed for jobs. Facilitating the best place to source and use of warehouse staff to deliver. Then coordinate deliveries to and from job sites.
• Manage truck replenishment process.
• Manage tool maintenance.
• Manage tool/equipment check in/check out process.
• Manage Tool Asset tracking – check in and out system to techs, & technician assigned tools.
• Manage warehouse staff daily to maximize efficiency to streamline operations
• Ensures warehouse is neat & clean
• Manage warehouse inventory process for a full count
• Manage warehouse replenishment process
• Manage warehouse inventory cycle counting process
• Conduct regular safety training and safety inspections. Manage tech PPE, and overall safety within the warehouse.
What We Offer
• Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Retirement Saving: We know you can’t work forever. We help set you up a 401(k) with company matching.
• Stability: We’ve been in business since 1934, and we’re only getting better!
• Team-Focused Work Environment
• Ongoing Professional and Personal Development Training Opportunities: Both in-house and across the country.
• A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Vito Inc.